• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Zaza's injury?

DJlaysitup

I'll admit I haven't been keeping up on Zaza all that much (I thought he was going to be good to go for the season opener)...but...

from Sekou's blog:

"...Now, for a couple of other quick observations before you dive in:

The opening night starting lineup could look something like this - PG - Anthony Johnson SG - Joe Johnson C - Al Horford SF - Marvin Williams PF - Josh Smith

Zaza Pachulia won’t play and hasn’t really practiced since injuring his knee and ankle two weeks ago in Charlotte. Speedy Claxton also will not dress. And Lorenzen Wright, who injured his foot in Monday night’s scrimmage at McEachern, will probably be on the inactive list as well. That leaves an interesting crew to deal with both Dallas and Detroit (Sunday night at the Palace). It also leaves Hawks coach Mike Woodson with a crew that will have to get up and down the floor to be successful against both those teams. Acie Law IV is ready to go, his left wrist will just be taped up for the foreseeable future..."

----------------------

Wow, we are gonna be pretty thin in the paint to start the season out. Anybody hear anything about when Zaza is expected to be back in action? Without Zaza I guess Shelden backs up Horford at center Friday night.

nurse.gif

I like that line-up against Dallas and Detroit.

Dallas

As far as big's go:

Dirk vs JSmith - Dirk is a permeter player which is fine for Smith, plus Josh is faster than Dirk.

Diop vs Al - Diop is bigger, but has limited offensive moves and Al played well against Oden, so I suspect he can handle a second tier center, plus Al is faster and has better footwork.

Others:

Harris vs AJ - hopefully the crafty veteran can come out and play, but The Law should get some time (my only worry)

Jones vs JJ - no worries at all

Stack vs Marvin - He's too slow for Marvin, but hopefully he won't be the crafty veteran

As far as their bench we just have to handle Terry an Howard, but they do have to deal with the runnig/defense Chill/Law/Mario and hopefully hot Salim/Chill

Detroit:

The only match-ups I don't like are:

Prince vs MWilliams

Bullips vs AJ (Chill/Law may have to get some time here)

I believe we will do well against:

Wallace vs Al

McDyess vs Smith

Murry vs JJ

Rip didn't play against the Wiz so hopefully he won't be playing on Sunday, but I believe JJ can handle him.

I do like our bench against their's

We should beat Dallas and Detroit will be tough.

We "should" beat Dallas?

That's going a little far, no?

I'll be curious to see who we throw at Dirk to slow him down. Josh and Al will probably both get a chance there, we just have to hope they stay out of foul trouble.

Joe should have no problems against Jones/Stack with Howard suspended for the game. I think we might see a lot of Trenton Hassell, though...

Marvin will be a big key, because if Hassell sticks on Joe, he will have a huge advantage against any other defender.

I think we need Josh to have another double-digit block game like he did against Dallas a couple years back...

Quote:

I like that line-up against Dallas and Detroit.

Dallas

As far as big's go:

Dirk vs JSmith - Dirk is a permeter player which is fine for Smith, plus Josh is faster than Dirk.

Diop vs Al - Diop is bigger, but has limited offensive moves and Al played well against Oden, so I suspect he can handle a second tier center, plus Al is faster and has better footwork.

Others:

Harris vs AJ - hopefully the crafty veteran can come out and play, but The Law should get some time (my only worry)

Jones vs JJ - no worries at all

Stack vs Marvin - He's too slow for Marvin, but hopefully he won't be the crafty veteran

As far as their bench we just have to handle Terry an Howard, but they do have to deal with the runnig/defense Chill/Law/Mario and hopefully hot Salim/Chill

Detroit:

The only match-ups I don't like are:

Prince vs MWilliams

Bullips vs AJ (Chill/Law may have to get some time here)

I believe we will do well against:

Wallace vs Al

McDyess vs Smith

Murry vs JJ

Rip didn't play against the Wiz so hopefully he won't be playing on Sunday, but I believe JJ can handle him.

I do like our bench against their's

We should beat Dallas and Detroit will be tough.

You are right we matchup with Dallas well in every position, except the TEAM BALL. Dallas is a better team, they actualy have a system and they know their roles.

Quote:

I think shutting down JT is the key to victory.

Whenever we play the Mavs, we always leave JT WIDE OPEN and he kills us.

We may have to put Mario west on him for a while.

Oh for Gosh sakes...if we have to put an undrafted rookie player on JT to shut him down we are likely phooked. Mario shouldn't see the court tonight...unless it's garbage minutes.