• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

New rules for Smoove

jerrywest

Quote:

Josh gets the rebound..glanses around a second and takes off down court down the middle He has no PG help.

If he had a fast PG that he could trust h
detective.gif
e would dish it.

On Smoove's turnover on that extra spicy bounce pass to Marvin(to his right), he had Acie running on his left ahead of him. He should have given the ball to Acie and get the Alley-oop.

Have you played with soccer players who run with the ball looking down without looking at the field. I hate to play with guys like that. Smoove needs to look up more.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

not much of a soccer player

JS needs a PG like Andre Miller..somebody he can trust.

Put Andre on this team and we are playoff bound.
thumb3d.gif

I thought we discussed soccer before. Who was it with the avatar of Al Pacino?

I know, JS must be scarred by all the terrible PGs he has played with throughout his life. To become a great basketball player and not just an athletic freak, he has to learn new things on the fly, even if its suffocating.

In all honesty, I think there are only 2 rules that he needs to apply to eliminate 80% of his mental mistakes:

1) Do not shoot a 3-pointer unless there's less than 2 seconds on the shot clock.

2) Pass the ball to the PG immediately after getting a defensive rebound.

Let me get this straight!

I LOVE SMOOVE, but boy can he piss me off.

Also Woody is to blame a lot in Smoove's case. A guy that plays aot ouf control is not supposed to shoot or have the ball in his hands as much as Smoove has so far. Smoove needs to be more active on offense without the ball. A lot of time he stands away from basket when other players have the ball. He needs to to what Chill does, get easy layups and dunks. Chill is not strong enough though, but Smoove should finish or get fouled every time he is close to the basket. Chill needs to be more on perimeter since he can hit the open shot.

Quote:

Let me get this straight!

I LOVE SMOOVE, but boy can he piss me off.

Also Woody is to blame a lot in Smoove's case. A guy that plays aot ouf control is not supposed to shoot or have the ball in his hands as much as Smoove has so far. Smoove needs to be more active on offense without the ball. A lot of time he stands away from basket when other players have the ball. He needs to to what Chill does, get easy layups and dunks. Chill is not strong enough though, but Smoove should finish or get fouled every time he is close to the basket. Chill needs to be more on perimeter since he can hit the open shot.

Yeah. I wouldn't mind if they trade places with each other on offense.

As for Smoove, I love him but he can make me mad faster than anyone on the team when he tries to bring the ball up the court on the break. He makes a great play about 1 out of 3 times but that is not NEARLY good enough. My fiancee was laughing at me during the DAL game as I was SCREAMING at Smoove to give it up on the break with Acie running right beside him.

Quote:

Your problem is that this thread isn't about last season. It is about what is going on right now.

I would think that their performance over their professional career would predict more about them than their performance over ANY two games. Shouldn't everybody?

Quote:

Quote:

Your problem is that this thread isn't about last season. It is about what is going on right now.

I would think that their performance over their professional career would predict more about them than their performance over ANY two games. Shouldn't everybody?

I am more concerned about their career in the future than in the past.

of course you have so much invested in Marvin's failure you are always going to keep increasing the standard. If he plays well in preseason well it's only preseason. If he plays well the first two games against two title contenders well it's just two games.

I wonder how long your rationalizations against Marvin will continue if he keeps playing well. You would probably have a seizure if you typed the words "Marvin really looked good out there".

Quote:

Here's the problem ex...Marvin doean't show the talent we all hoped for. He just doesn't have it
munching_out.gif

Yeah 22 pts on 8-12 shooting against one of the best defenses in the league is pretty lame. Not to mention locking down Prince.

Marvin has no chance to be a good player.

Quote:

Good sure...great - no chance. He needs desire.

Maybe he can get it?

The way he has been moving around and the way he has been guarding all 5 positions tenaciously, he sure seems to have the desire. He needs to start demanding the ball now to take the next step. He is just too young for you to belittle him.