Poll: Of Those With Obvious Ties 2 The Hawks & Ownership

Guest Walter

Guest Walter

...who do you prefer, why, and in what capacity. I just figure we are likely to get someone with previous history with the team on some level with the team.

I prefer Doc. I think he is one of the brightest young minds in basketball and would make a great general manager for the Hawks.

My ideal situation would be a combination of Doc as GM and Mike Fratello as head coach.

I really like Paul Silas, and I wouldn't mind it at all if he becomes the Hawks next head coach. I think Silas is the most likely of the bunch to get the job.

I will say that if Fratello takes that New Orleans job, I will lose some respect for him. With all the talk of Woolridge wanting to hire him, it's going to look mighty coincidental if he does get that job. If so, I will believe that there was some backhanded doings involved in that, and if so, I would lose some respect for Fratello.

My first preference is Doc - and then ask him, "do you want to be GM or do you want to be coach?" Move on from there to fill the otehr position. I think he's got the mind to be much like Dumars as a GM, as, if I recall correctly (my younger days) their games were quite similar - both heady players...