• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Chris Bosh to enter draft

HawkTodd

Georgia Tech's Chris Bosh to enter NBA draft. (5-9-03)

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/gen/wire?messageId=16152859

DALLAS (AP) _ Georgia Tech freshman Chris Bosh will enter the NBA draft.

The 6-foot-10 forward made the announcement Friday at his high school in Dallas.

``I come before you today ready to pursue my lifelong dream,'' Bosh said at a news conference. ``It is with great excitement and a commitment to the hard work that lies ahead, that I am making myself eligible for the 2003 NBA draft.''

Bosh has not signed with an agent but said, ``I intend to prepare myself with the expectation that I will begin my professional career this summer.''

Expected to be a lottery pick in the June 26 draft, Bosh led Georgia Tech with 15.6 points and 9.0 rebounds per game, and topped the ACC with a 56.0 shooting percentage and 2.16 blocked shots per game. He was the league's freshman of the year.

Bosh's departure leaves Georgia Tech extremely thin in the frontcourt. Ed Nelson, the 2002 ACC freshman of the year, plans to transfer. His playing time dwindled after Bosh's arrival.

Last season, Tech advanced to the quarterfinals of the NIT before losing to Texas Tech. The Yellow Jackets return 11 lettermen next year and add Arizona transfer Will Bynum.