Horford is a travellin' fool.

bumpyphish1

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I wonder if he pulled a Pachulia and rebounded a bunch of his own misses.

That would be impressive since according to some all he shoots are jumpshots. LOL, beat dead horse, etc.

W

maybe he leaped over the folding chair in a single bound to snag it!

Regardless, at least he didn't 3 step river dance around it.

W

I'm glad you're in good spirits these days Waldo

spin.gif

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

That would be impressive since according to some all he shoots are jumpshots. LOL, beat dead horse, etc.

W

W

spin.gif

I took your meds. They do wonders.

W

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

W

W

spin.gif

I took your meds. They do wonders.

W

Excellent! I've been wondering what happened to those!

Quote:

Quote:

I pretty much agree with you - don't think this guy will ever be a superstar. I think he has a chance to be an All-star while averaging 20 and 13 or so at best.

20 and 13 is a hall of famer. even hakeem didn't do that for his career.

I think he meant for a few seasons, and in those seasons he'd be an all star. That is where he maxes out.

I just don't know what you guys are watching when it comes to Big Al. He is going to be an absolute BEAST in a couple of years. I think the 16/10/3/1.5 you are projecting for his ceiling is something we will see from him as soon as NEXT year and I won't be surprised if he is close to that THIS year (with maybe slightly fewer points and slightly more rebounds).

Even though he has been traveling a lot, he has a nice array of moves and he is very skilled in the fundamentals of the game. The guy is bright, he has an incredible attitude and he is simply a winner. He has all the characteristics that you want in a team leader.

There is always an adjustment period for rookies but he is already showing he belongs by outplaying a guy like Okafor who thinks he is worthy of a max contract. Al is going to put on another 15-20 lbs over the next few years as he gets his "man weight" and once he does, look out. We will have a perennial All Star big man on our hands.

Horford showed plenty of low post stuff last night. I also believe his ceiling is higher than 16/10. Al Jefferson traveled for two straight years and now is fine. Horf will have a great last 50 games for the Hawks.

His physicality is made for the league and he is just learning his way right now. Still, 13/13 last night? He's already done more than Shelly did all last year.

There is a lot to love about Horford.

Quote:

His physicality is made for the league and he is just learning his way right now. Still, 13/13 last night? He's already done more than Shelly did all last year.

There is a lot to love about Horford.

I could see Horford leading the NBA in rebounds one day while being a perrenial name on the top 5 rebounders list.

I can see careeer years of 20 PPG and 12 -14 rpg, 2 BPG.

How many points Horford scores will have alot to do with who he plays around (like most post players).

Example - Shaq could barely get to 20 PPG with Kobe and no true PG on the Lakers but that didn't stop them from winning championships.) Shareef Abdur Rahim average over 20 PPG on bad teams for 7 or 8 seasons but no one would tell you Reef's post scoring ability scared people as much as Shaq did in his hey day... So PPG for post players is very circumstantial.

Horford compares to 3 guys:

Alonzo Mourning - Zo was a little bigger (pre kidney replacement)but Horford a bit more fluid running and handleing the ball (except for in the pivot which will improve quickly). If Horford were to gain 15 pounds his body type would be alot like Zo's. Horford plays with some high energy and never back down mentality as Zo did. Not saying Horford will be Zo but he does compare favorably to him. (I have never seen an NBA center with a motor like ZO had in his prime. His motor just destroyed the will of opposing centers) Maybe Horford can adopt a level of fire and intensity similar to Zo's. I know this much, The second Zo retires I am calling him and inviting him to have a workout and spend some time with Horford.

Carlos Boozer - Horford is already a little bigger and stronger then Boozer is. Horford is as good defensivly as Boozer too but Horford has plenty of room for improvement. I see Horford's offensive game developing into something similar to Boozer with maybe a little more power. Horford has just enough size, strength, and atheleticsm advantages over Boozer that will allow Horford to be equally effective at center in certain matchups as PF. Boozer can't quite get away with this but is still matched up with Duncan and other bigs over their center, on paper, Okur.

Elton Brand - alot of people mention Brand here. Um, maybe a little bit. Brand had a polished offensive post game from day 1. I dont think Horford will ever quite reach Brand's polished offensive talents but will come close to equaling Brand's stellar rebounding numbers. The way they can both handle the rock and pass mimicks one anothers' games.

Basically about the same stuff I typed (and many others) before we drafted him.

Before he was drafted I was saying the bottom floor of Horford's potential would be a Antonio Davis like career. A. Davis was solid with one or two all star games but now I think everyone is comfortable with saying Horford's carrer should dwarf Antonio Davis' career. The guys who say 16 PPG and 10 RPG is Horford's peak see him as Antonio Davis like player when his potential is maxed out.

Horford will be way better then Antonio Davis. How is Horford's peak rebouding hitting 10 rpg. Horford is averaging more then that in his first 7 games. I guess I see Horford improving his rebound #'s while some think he will rebound less as he gets smarter,more expierenced, and stronger physically.

Quote:

I think the 16/10/3/1.5 you are projecting for his ceiling

There aren't many guys who can do that. Keep in mind that we have other guys on this team who are going to be taking their share of shots.

I have to think JJ and Marvin with be the first two options on offense. Best case scenario for Horford is being the 3rd option.

16/10 are very strong numbers.