• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Sports Guy Column Excerpt...sound like JT to

anyone?

" Chauncey Billups... his sprained ankle against Philly was the biggest disappointment of the playoffs, if only because he was putting himself on the map Bibby-style this spring (77 points in the final two games of the Orlando series????). Is there another player in the league quite like him, someone with no discernable position, a throwback to the days when guards were just guards and it didn't matter who brought the ball up? Just think, just over five years ago, Rick Pitino traded him after 50 games. Savvy.

By the way, have you noticed that Billups, Bibby, Stephon Marbury, Steve Nash and Jason Williams all seemed to "get it" after a few years in the league, like the lightbulb went off for all of them? And yet the four of them played for 14 teams combined before it finally happened for them. Makes you wonder ... shouldn't teams be more patient with young point guards, the way NFL teams are patient with young QBs? If I were running an NBA team -- like, oh, say, Danny Ainge -- I'd spend my summer trying to pry a "struggling" Jay Williams from the Bulls, or a "struggling" Andre Miller from the Clips, just because those teams might be dumb enough to trade them."

• Admin

Considering that JT has really only had 1.5 years of solid PG playing time, then yes.

And I still say that JT is as good as any of them with the exception of Marbury. He's a better PG than Bibby, williams or Billups.

Anyone who says that Billups is a "leader" is crazy. He's had a good playoffs and a solid season. But the only reason he got any mention for it is because he's just plain stunk every year before that.

Bibby had a great playoffs last year, but he was back to his old self this season, delivering mediocre stats. Those who thought he was destined for greatness because of one playoff series can't help but be disappointed.

Just like both those guys, JT has played the majority of his career for a bad team. you put him on one of those teams and they would lose nothing.

It's like they said the other night...when you are young

all you care about is stats...but as you get older winning

becomes a more important part.

However,the difference between those guys and JT is

that they are NBA smart and JT doesn't seem to be.Beyond

shooting,Jt doesn't seem to understand very much.

With Marbury and others it's a case of being young and

selfish.