• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Until Woody's Gone...

TexasPete

We won't win jack. We have the foundation of a great young team and the players are ready to take it to the playoffs. But Woody is just overmatched, he's been outclassed as an NBA head coach since his first game. Woody would have been fired by any owner that knew anything long before now.

What a great gig Woody has...first we were so young so his incompetance was masked by the youth and he had a great and ready made excuse. Then we got hurt last year and even though we were woefully coached Woody survives because Gearon/Levenson didn't actually know what they were looking at on the court. It was poor Woody, he has injuries. I remember when the Hornets came in without 5 of their top 6 players and beat us.

There is no hope for our team as long as Mike Woodson is coaching it. We could bring in Kobe, D-Wade, LeBron, etc, and Woodson would screw it up.

Our offense is literally the same every time down the court. There is no imagination. And he screws players over. Look at the Salim nonsense. Look at how he's buried Shelden. Look at what he did with AJ. I suspect he has lost the players and I highly doubt the players like playing for a coach who has his head so far up his ass.

We need rid of this guy if we are going to amount to anything. The more season passes with him the deeper we dig the hole. He always manages to keep his job with a big win or small winning streak. Somehow this guy just stays and screws up our basketball team.

If Mike Woodson stays much longer we will be the same old awful Hawks. I am ready to do whatever it takes to rid our franchise of this horrible and incompetant basketball coach.And as bad as I want to beat the Spurs that would buy him another 10 games. We just need him gone. If we had started this year with a Rick Adelman we would be a vibrant 6-2 or 5-3, fun to watch, and off to the races. Instead, the lousy Atlanta Spirit brings back Woodson. I will never have one shred of hope with him any longer. If we beat the Spurs we will fold against the Heat and other lousy teams. Anybody who buys into this team with Woodson is severely delusional. It is 100% not happening until a good coach takes over and if/when that happens the Hawks will soar. But not until then. By early December the arena will be empty and the hope gone...if Woodson remains.

We will win. That is the trend so far this season. Win one and lose two in a row. What make Woodson situation pathetic when it come to ownership. They fired Bob Hartley after just 6 games and he got the Thrashers to the playoffs last season.

Woodson is one of the worst coaches in the history of basketball. As mention above from ownership down to the players. Everyone already has their own little lame excuses built in to defend him. I wonder how much they had to pay Smoove last year after the suspension to not bad mouth Woodson in the media? One reason I do not get upset about Smoove's attitude problems. He is bascially venting all the frustrations of the fans at Woodson. While at the sametime the players frustrations at Woodson.

Quote:

There is no hope for our team as long as Mike Woodson is coaching it. We could bring in Kobe, D-Wade, LeBron, etc, and Woodson would screw it up.

No doubt. This has been known for AT LEAST 1.5 seasons/years.

It's more about the WHEN Woody needs to be fired than they whether or why. It depends upon candidates, the team morale, and how much we really want to make a playoff push. Not Woody anymore. He simply isn't an NBA head coach.

IMO Woody MUST be fired with enough of the season remaining to observe the players under a new coach. If we (ownership) would even consider such credible coaching prospects such as Bill Laimbeer, Del Harris, Fratello, some others...then I would prefer we fire Woody IMMEDIATELY. That way we can see the players longer with their likely future coach, see them enough under such a credible coach by the trade deadline to perhaps make an educated, major trade decision, and perhaps even make a playoff push. If we are intent upon a (cheap) in house replacement, just fire Woody with AT LEAST 30 games remaining so we can see the players without Woody as coach.

Anyhow, if Mike Woodson is fired, even if we somehow got a respectable coach, while we would not "be the same old awful Hawks", we aren't going to be title contenders. As much as the luck of the draw lottery additions of Law and Horford can only seem to help even out this previous frankenstein roster, we still have so far to go despite our vast capitol expenditures. Our poorly spent, diminished capitol can't easily if ever get us to the promised land and certainly not with BK behind it. Lastly, who here would EVER want BK hiring another coach. Sidney Lowe and Mike Woodson!?! Are you kidding me!?

W