4) We need a PG in the worst way

5) Use Mario West more somehow

6) Run more uptempo offense

7) Settle ownership issue in next decade

8) cheaper ticket prices

9) Actually decide to compete against the bad teams

10) Stop having awful 1st halves

Add on

ticket prices are actually pretty cheap...

i mean upper level season tickets are 200 dollars...

those same upper level seats at say a new jersey nets game...would cost 50-80 dollars individually...

but our lower level seats that are usually half-full should be cheaper...

but sadly how are they ever going to make any money unless they start winning...

• Premium Member

If I had to prioritize:

1. A veteran player who can be a legit 2nd option.

2. A new coach.

3. A veteran PG who can distribute, hit the 3, and not play "toro" on D.

4. Another post defender.

The most important is the most risky, of course.

Quote:

3) Joe Johnson needs to call someone out SOON

You know, I was just thinking that. Either JJ or AJ need to call someone out. At the very least, call a "player's only" meeting so that everyone can air out their differences.

When it happens, be ready for the reprocussions. But it may have to be done.

Pull a Boston and trade your young players for a superstar (Hello? Kobe? Is Amare still available?), and then sign a good veteran player in the offseason to compliment your new dynamic duo (dunno who's available. Just sign whatever is best out there). If the package Boston sent nets them KG, then I'm positive we can net our own superstar. JJ is our Paul Pierce, and we need to get this guy some help.

Oh, and fire Woody.

Quote:

Pull a Boston and trade your young players for a superstar (Hello? Kobe? Is Amare still available?), and then sign a good veteran player in the offseason to compliment your new dynamic duo (dunno who's available. Just sign whatever is best out there). If the package Boston sent nets them KG, then I'm positive we can net our own superstar. JJ is our Paul Pierce, and we need to get this guy some help.

Oh, and fire Woody.

Nah we need a new coach, if last season we had 30 wins with this bum, imagine how many wins we would have with a REAL coach.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Oh, and fire Woody.

I've pretty much reached this position, too.

Bottom line: the Hawks don't have enough skilled players. They have plenty of athletic players, but only two multi-dimensional players on their roster (JJ, Childress). Although it appears Marvin is moving that way with each passing game.

The more talented team wins the majority of the time in the NBA, which is why the Hawks are 3-7.

Quote:

Build around JJ, Marvin, and Horford - trade anyone else to get the right balance of players in here.

Fire Woody.

I agree, the rest of the players are tweeners.

Smoove, Chill and Shelden.

As of right now we got 3 starters in sg, sf and pf. We need Law to man up the pg spot and trade chill smoove or Shell for center and more big man.

Quote:

Quote:

Build around JJ, Marvin, and Horford - trade anyone else to get the right balance of players in here.

Fire Woody.

I agree, the rest of the players are tweeners.

Smoove, Chill and Shelden.

As of right now we got 3 starters in sg, sf and pf. We need Law to man up the pg spot and trade chill smoove or Shell for center and more big man.

shees, a horrible game, and everybody wants to trade the kid. I know he had a horrible game and everything, but let the kid redeem himself.

Yeah, and with contract extensions coming up for Smith, Childress, Marvin, and Salim, Hawks management have a lot of decisions to make. Do they extend some players, say Smith and Marvin, and hope for the best? Or do you make a gutsy move and trade your tantalizing, but young and inexperienced players for a veteran star or superstar?

Gasol is unhappy and might be looking for a way out. Kobe is involved in trade talks every waking hour. Marion might be looking for a way out too. The right package might catapult Amare into Atlanta, who knows?

We could be next year's Boston Celtics if we made some bold moves and hired a new coach. New players, new identity, new coach.

Quote:

If I had to prioritize:

1. A veteran player who can be a legit 2nd option.

2. A new coach.

3. A veteran PG who can distribute, hit the 3, and not play "toro" on D.

4. Another post defender.

The most important is the most risky, of course.

My priority:

1-New Coach

See what someone like Westphal can do and make decisions from there. In no uncertain terms if Westphal cannot get this team to gel, then some players need to be moved.

Quote:

shees, a horrible game, and everybody wants to trade the kid. I know he had a horrible game and everything, but let the kid redeem himself.

This is not Josh Smith's first terrible game. He's a tantalizing player, but I don't want to pay him a ton of money, especially when I actually like Marvin and Horford better at his positions and they'll be cheaper for longer.

Plus Josh Smith is a player that a couple of GM's out there might like enough to offer something good in return. I'd trade him for Biedrins or Gasol or a nice first-round pick or maybe even for someone like Shawn Marion. I don't know, but I just think now is the time to cash in and trade him for a PG or C who would fit in with this team better.

Quote:

Quote:

This is not Josh Smith's first terrible game. He's a tantalizing player, but I don't want to pay him a ton of money, especially when I actually like Marvin and Horford better at his positions and they'll be cheaper for longer.

Plus Josh Smith is a player that a couple of GM's out there might like enough to offer something good in return. I'd trade him for Biedrins or Gasol or a nice first-round pick or maybe even for someone like Shawn Marion. I don't know, but I just think now is the time to cash in and trade him for a PG or C who would fit in with this team better.

When he starts breaking out, i'll make sure to bring back some of these post. smile.gif