• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Cleveland, N.O., Toronto, and Atlanta= Same Pool..

Diesel

• Premium Member

http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/plaindealer/...42344539440.xml

The way I see it, all of us Central teams are drinking from the same pool as far as Coaches are concerned. Add to the List the Wizards... BUt it's funny how things will work out:

First Cleveland. The article above states that they want a proven coach who has won in the reg season and the off season. OF the coaches expected to fill that role are:

1. Van Gundy

2. Fratello.

3. Larry Brown.

Then Gordon Gund opens up his mouth and says... We want someone who can handle young people because we have a young squad. Weather they were trying to hint at Van Gundy being a former HS teacher is not certain... But Proffessionally, JVG doesn't develop. So I'm led to believe that Cleveland's choice will come down to Fratello or Brown (who hasn't formerly resigned). Fratello has been there and done that before so it really is left at Larry Brown. But will Larry leave Philly for Cleveland... It's about that time again.

New Orleans fired Silas and is playing the shell game with 2 coaches.

1. Tim Floyd.

2. Mike Fratello.

Good sense says take Mike... However, this is not a case of good sense. It's a case of Money. I think they didn't resign Silas because of Money? That being the case, look for Floyd to be the new coach in N.O. Plus, he has some experience.

Toronto.

Does anyone know what's going on in Toronto? They've been turned down Politely by Van Gundy. On the line there's Fratello, Silas, and Some other guys to be named later. One thing that their Owner has stated is that they don't want some retread like Lenny was, but they want someone who is young and fiery who can motivate the troops. That means NO for Lon Kruger. I think that means no to Fratello and Silas too. So who's left.... Some other guy. I know who...

Terry Stotts will be the new coach in Toronto. He's perfect. Young with good ideas. Passed over by the Hawks who has illusions of getting to the finals this year.

Washington.

The biggest surprise is the sinking of the ship. What Washington will do to stop it's sinking is bring in Embry and allow him to bring in one of his buddies Silas.... or Wilkens. Yep, the old man is not dead yet. Being that this is an opportunity to train up YOUNG players, I think Embry goes with his buddy Silas and Washington starts over with Kwame as the focus.

Philly.

How do you get over a legendary coach leaving? You go out and pick the first coach available. Look for Philly to pull a fast one and hire Van Gundy. It's everything that Van Gundy says he wants. Defensive team. Veteran players. IN the East, not in the deep South.

Atlanta so now you see what's going on. a Coaching carousel. Well, who's left for us and our new ownership?

1. Mike Fratello.

2. Alvin Gentry.

3. Rick Mahorn

Word on the street is that we have been forbidden to talk to Doc Rivers... So we might be seeing the return of Mike Fratello in Atanta...

So my predictions:

1. Cleveland get Larry Brown.

2. Philly gets Van Gundy

3. Washington gets Paul Silas

4. Toroto gets Terry Stotts.

5. N.O. Gets Tim Floyd

6. Atlanta gets Mike Fratello.

Kevin ONeill and Eddie Jordan are two names no one on this board has mentioned (in general, not for us). Rumors abound, and seem to have some legs to them, that ONeill will be the next coach in Toronto. FYI - he's the defensive coach of hte Pistons (currently), is from Montreal, and, of the people that Toronto has interviewed for the job, he's the only one that actually had an interview in Toronto...the rest were interviewed by phone. I'd say it's a pretty safe bet that he's going back to the motherland.

• Premium Member

I thought about Jordan earlier, I just couldn't see him being any better than Gentry. As far as Oneil, I've heard it mentioned that he should be someone we go after... BUt then I said, well if we go after an assistant, why not keep Stotts?

One thing though...

Why not try to figure out who was a part of Larry Bird's regime in INdy. We all know that he was not the coaching force in Indy. Carlisle did some, but there were other guys. I say that because IN Indy, those guys with as much talent as we have WON 69 games. That's amazing.