Coaching Rumormill from The Sports Machine.

KB21

Cleveland - It was thought that Jeff Van Gundy was a lock, but now that the Houston job is open and the Philly job could be open, Van Gundy hasn't jumped to the Cavs. The Sportsmachine speculates that if Larry Brown leaves Philly, he goes to the top of Cleveland's list. The Cavs list is Larry Brown, Jeff Van Gundy, and Paul Silas.

Washington - Doug Collins more than likely will not be asked to return, and they are speculating that Paul Silas will be interested in this job if offered. The Wizards also will interview Ed Stefanski, the Nets Director of Scouting, for their GM job. Eddie Jordan could surface as a strong candidate for this job.

Atlanta - It looks like the new owner has put Mike Dunleavy at the top of his list, and it is being said that he is being offered the GM spot, the HC spot, or both.

No one, and I repeat no one, not Larry Brown, JVG, and certainly not Dunleavy, should hold both positions. It just so rarely works out.

I agree. I'm just stating what was said on The Sportsmachine last night.

I wonder if Dunleavy will keep Stotts as the head coach if he takes the GM spot or if he will hire someone like Del Harris, who he has a history with?

replying to it Mike.......KB didnt say that Dunleavy was our GM, he said there was a rumor that he may be offered the job. Ever heard the old expression that its better to let people think you are foolish than to open your mouth and remove all doubt?.....think about that one before you reply to posts.