• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

CNNSI: Smith Dunks Reputation

AHF

• Moderators

Positive article on Josh Smith on CNNSI talking about how his game has flourished beyond his reputation as a dunker since he won the slam dunk contest as a rookie.

Quote:

Long before he had any idea how to carry himself on an NBA court, Josh Smith was a dunker. He was so talented in the air that he won the All-Star Slam Dunk contest as a 19-year-old rookie in 2005. But the award engraved his reputation as an athlete who didn't know how to play below the rim.

"I feel like whoever wins the Slam Dunk contest, they get that label,'' Smith said. "That's why I got in the gym and got those extra shots up, just to be able to get the critics off my back to stop saying that all I do is dunk.''

Dunking His Reputation

Quote:

Positive article on Josh Smith on CNNSI talking about how his game has flourished beyond his reputation as a dunker since he won the slam dunk contest as a rookie.

Quote:

Long before he had any idea how to carry himself on an NBA court, Josh Smith was a dunker. He was so talented in the air that he won the All-Star Slam Dunk contest as a 19-year-old rookie in 2005. But the award engraved his reputation as an athlete who didn't know how to play below the rim.

"I feel like whoever wins the Slam Dunk contest, they get that label,'' Smith said. "That's why I got in the gym and got those extra shots up, just to be able to get the critics off my back to stop saying that all I do is dunk.''

Dunking His Reputation

Yeah that shooting practice has helped his game so much.

He needs to go back to being a dunker.

• Moderators

Thomson acknowledges the shooting woes but I think it is worthwhile to read something positive on Smith right now. He is really struggling but I still believe in his game.

Quote:

He still wanders out to the three-point line a couple of times per game even though he's converting 19.2 percent from there, and his overall 36.3 percent shooting betrays a poor selection.

But on the whole Smith has come an awfully long way, especially considering that he's never had much elder guidance in Atlanta. Though he's almost a full year younger than rookie Acie Law, Smith tries to counsel the Hawks' new point guard.

Josh needs to get into position to dunk MORE. he's had like what, 2 dunks this season or something. chill has a dunk a game it seems.

what the article should have focused more as far as positive is instead of shooting, post game....we have to admit that his post game, while still far from great, has definitely improved.

Quote:

Quote:

...LOL that is definitely not what i want to hear, Smith trying to tell Acie how to play. Should be the other way around.

Yeah, I can just hear Smoove telling Acie "either dunk it or jack up threes...and if Woody gives you any sh!t tell him to go f#ck himself." thumb3d.gif

I needed a laugh.

Quote:

Quote:

...LOL that is definitely not what i want to hear, Smith trying to tell Acie how to play. Should be the other way around.

Yeah, I can just hear Smoove telling Acie "either dunk it or jack up threes...and if Woody gives you any sh!t tell him to go f#ck himself." thumb3d.gif

LOL

Smiths bball IQ drops about 50 points as soon as he gets the ball in his hands.