• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Weak Draft?

JTFan31

Think again.....I actually think this is a very deep draft......European players are coming over from Europe and South America and dominating in the NBA a.l.a Nowitski, Parker, Stojakovic, Ginobili.....this is just to name a few. This Draft will have alot of European and South American players that are NBA prospects and can reach that level of Stardom, at least they have the potential of it.

I believe the Hawks will have a very good player at 21 and will help us out tremendously next year.

As to the rumor of Reef to Miami for Jones or Grant and 5th pick, I think we are trading the wrong guy......I honestly think the guy we should trade is Glenn Robinson.

A) most on this board think that we should trade GRob...but the problem lies in finding any takers. His stock isn't exactly at a high right now.

B) I'm actually excited about this draft, to a degree. It's not a super deep draft in terms of finding superstars that we, the us, are familiar with, but the recent successes of foreign players, esp. with their being on playoff bound teams and getting more exposure, the propensity of a team to take such players higher in the draft, helps us, especially combined with the threat of an impending age limit coming into effect in the next year or so, more underclassmen are declaring for this draft as well...all this leads to more quality players being available.

The biggest thing, to the Hawks, is that the foreigners are mostly slated to go in the lottery, thus leaving college guys who would normally go in the late lottery, being available in the later first round and earlier second round. Obviously a good thing for us.

It's going to be interesting. This draft is deep, but its also largely a crap shoot.