• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hahaha...ESPN is ridiculous

DavidSomerset

Quote:

Man I can't wait til we actually start getting respect.

Dude, you're old enough to know that we'll never get respect. We live in Atlanta. That's just the way it is. Unless we get a Howard or Oden or a star of the highest caliber, we'll never be the story. The Hawks of Dominique were barely recognized. The Smitty/Mookie/Deke teams got no love either. That's just the way it is. We will get longer highlight packages if our games start to mean something. That's it.

Quote:

Quote:

Dude, you're old enough to know that we'll never get respect. We live in Atlanta. That's just the way it is. Unless we get a Howard or Oden or a star of the highest caliber, we'll never be the story. The Hawks of Dominique were barely recognized. The Smitty/Mookie/Deke teams got no love either. That's just the way it is. We will get longer highlight packages if our games start to mean something. That's it.

I guess it just still gets at me, even though I know that.

Smoove is probably the only player on our team that has the potential of a Howard or Oden, and he is a flashy enough player to get national recognition...Not a "boring" player like Joe (I don't have anything against Joe's style of play, but he is not nearly as "marketable").

The Hawks just wanted it more and we PLAYED WAY BETTER DEFENSE. Simple.... The Magic would have been blown out if they didnt start making 3's. Then again taking too many 3's is waht killed their last comeback efforts.

Quote:

Quote:

In all fairness we just made it back to .500. Orlando's been killing teams. This was a shocker and it had a lot to do with how poorly Orlando shot. ESPN could have highlighted the stout defense being played, but until we prove that stout D is who we are, we aren't gonna get respect for an opposing team shooting poorly.

We have a long way to go to get respect. We're no longer getting DISRESPECTED as often, but that's not the same as getting respect.

Just win, baby, and all that other [censored] will come with it.