• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks 's again dissed by ESPN, no respect

thescout

While watching ESPN with David Aldrige they went around the league with coaching rumors the only team not mentioned were the Hawk's.Just another diss by ESPN not respecting the Hawk's.I guess the NBA doesn't give a hoot about what the Hawks do.Even Cleveland gets more respect than the Hawk's.

I hope this new owner makes some major changes. top of the list is a top GM which I would not mind Billy Knight.Then a scouting staff. I did here that Alex English deserves a chance and has a great baketball mind. Until the Hawk's get there act together the rest of the league falls asleep when they talk about the mighty Hawk's. -

Well I think it's hard to tell about anything that

will happen with this team.But this is what I've

been talking about for 2 years on here.We need

to make a big splash!Often times it's like this

team doesn't even exsist.

• Premium Member

Why should the Hawks get any respect from DA or anybody else??? This is a screwed up organization that is in no better shape than the Clippers. AOL couldn't give a rats A$$ about the Hawks, that is the problem!

Another large reason is the sale of the team is still in limbo. McDavid to the best of my knowledge has not finalized the deal and nobody can be hired anyway.

To many people are looking at this team through rose colored glasses!

Amen HotlantaDude,Why should ESPN care about the Hawks. All you Hawksquawkers are Shmucks last year you ripped into that Ford guy for dissing the team. Wrote him a letter, gloated about how he didnt know anything about the team. Truth of the matter is he was right about everything except the Dickau/Terry situation. Yet no letter of apology. The Hawks dont deserve highlights or respect. You need to start showing the Braves some love they win every year, which is no easy trick, yet their attendance and ratings are way down. Yet let the Falcons or Hawks even manage to wipe their own a$$ and its time to celabrate.

theScout I guess you are new around here so I cant fault you but this pack of zealots are always whining about how ESPN doesnt respect the Hawks yet every year turns out ESPN are right about the hapless Hawks.

APOLOGIZE TO FORD. YOU WERE BIG AND BAD BEFORE. APOLOGIZE.

of the ownership situation and because Stotts still has the interim job. Once McDavid officially takes over (Lord knows I hope he does) then I think speculation about the Hawks coaching job might begin.

At first, I thought we were being dissed again by ESPN as well but for now at least, I''ll give them the benefit of the doubt. Once McDavid takes over, I guess we'll know for sure.

I too thought that Ford was wrong about somethings...

but I never wrote him a letter because it was a waste

of time and he really isn't worth it.

If Mcdavid wants to make an impact he better start doing the things it takes to be successful.

1.Get a quality GM

2.Pay for quality scouts

3.Decide who the coach will be

Then eventually get a superstar to not only bring in the fans but build around him .Right now there is nothing to get excited about.No one on this roster is top 10 in the league or 15. Until Mcdavid takes over the team the Hawk's are in limbo.