• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

NBA needs to grow up

BlackHawkDown

Maybe I am getting old but why is it that NBA players find it acceptable to whine like children on the court. You are professional atheletes, yet behave like children when you dont get your call. ie Rasheed Wallace, he has a wife and kids and is acting like a child on the court. This utter lack of professionalism is sickening. The fighting and whining has to end. This includes coaches who join in. I felt a certain coach should have been ban from the league earlier this season. Grow up act like grown men, be flashy cocky show offs, not whiny little women, Look at And1 they entertain and dont beeach when they dont get their way.

More or less true...esp. iwth Duncan. Robinson, while apparently a top notch guy off the court, definitely has some fire and ire when on the court...not in the means of Ricky Davis or anything...probably more like what Jordan did/had.

I didnt want to go to that extreme those two couldnt be more boring. People like Reef, Duncan and Robinson are professional, Yes and boring a sin also. I just want the players to keep it off the court. Since his rookie year AI has calmed down on the court and kept his anticts for press conferences and his personal life.

• Premium Member

I never have understood the "boring" argument about a guy who drops 20 pt/20 reb games with regularity in the playoffs. And if you like drama, there's nothing like watching the Spurs in the 4th quarter. ;>

The avid NBA fan understands what makes Duncan so impressive - and it's the same thing that makes a figure skater, a pianist, a poet, et al. so enjoyable - the minute refinement of skill. He may not have much charisma, but he more than makes up for it in more important areas.

If one wants drama, then watch wrestling. Or "Days of our Lives."

As for Robinson, I highly doubt he is bothered by the "boring" label. Like most players that truly love pro basketball, it's the rings that he wants. They wisely leave the marketing for those better trained to provide it.

(BTW, did anyone here see how far off the ground Robinson jumped after Kerr's 3 vs. Dallas? He looked like a big kid...)

Look at And1 they entertain and dont beeach when they dont get their way.'

And1 isnt real basketball.It's a circus show

"People like Reef, Duncan and Robinson are professional,"

You kidding?Shareef is one of the biggest whinners

with the refs...And remember his little fight with

Kenny Thomas(he's from my area)last year?

1)Attacking the ref/teammate/coach/cameraman out of anger-something early RASHEED WALLACE/DENNIS RODMAN/ETC.

2)Making a big scene out of nothing/having the "wtf did i do?" even though its just ur 2nd foul... like Kenyon Martin/mid RASHEE WALLACE.

3)cussing as a reaction... like sooo many players in this league

4)just let it go and play the game... like Allen Iverson and Tim Duncan.

yes TIM DUNCAN is boring to watch, but everyone has to admit- the guy has the best FOOTWORK out of the PFs/Cs. He doesnt have the most moves, but he has enough to take advantage of any single coverage defense. He doesnt let his EMOTIONS/ATTITUDE get the best out of him. The guy deserves to be MVP.

When it comes down to it the NBA is entertainment. Sportsa are entertainment. Mike Vick is more apt to get highlights on ESPN than Brett Farve because he is more exciting to watch he has more style and charisma. The NBA has always been short on people who are both professional and interesting. Teams that win championships usually arent as entertaining to watch i.e. S.A., L.A., CHI. Jordan wasboring during his championship runs but great to watch when he was young and the bulls where mediocre. Nique was always fun to watch but never won sqaut, same for T-Mac. Can we have another " Showtime" the Lakers were a fun team when Magic/Worthy/Kareem/Scott ran the show