• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

BK should get a PG today via minor trade / NBDL

BHayley

If you get Tatum, the only minutes he would play are Mario's minutes, and they aren't going to be playing him less. If something happens at PG, I hope its a trade for a legit guy we can count on. I don't think we need anymore AJ types, that would just add to the problems at PG.

BK should get an apology for trading that 2nd round pick for Anthony Johnson.

That's what he should get.

And as far as us not having a PG, I like the situation how it is now because it forces Woody to give Mario West minutes and has revealed an unsung hero.

Mario has shown he can be more than just an energy boost, but an actually effective basketball player.

When Law returns we will actually have some depth at the position.

The problem on waiting for any of the current injured PGs coming back is that we have no idea when they'll be back. Injuries breed injuries. There is no way AJ and JJ can keep playing the minutes they are playing without a serious injury occurring. JJ may be an iron man, but this many minutes, this early in the season is disastrous.

As I see the Hawks have several options, none of them are great, but at least they give us another body.

1) Waive on of: Blo, Solo, or Salim and sign an NBDLer to a 10 day contract. Rinse and repeat until we find a guy who can either score or distribute. I am not in favior of waiving Salim, but we need someone else to help out in the BC. Salim's contract makes him waivable.

2) Trade Sheldon for whatever guard we can get. I have no idea what Shellhead's value is, but the Hawks need to move him if they aren't going to play him. For what its worth, Shellhead should be getting significantly more playing time IMO.

3) Try and trade another 2nd round pick for another guard. I doubt this can happen right now, but its an option, however remote.

Something has to be done soon before we loose another player to an overuse injury. ambulance.gif