• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Billy Knight wants gasol!!!

oiatlhawksfan

• Premium Member

I'm looking at scoring when JJ is in.

Damn. Gasol is shooting nearly 49%. That's great. Imagine the ball goes in to Gasol. If he's doubled it goes out to JJ or to Marvin.

Offensive efficiency will be high!

I agree with Atlas that we'd be losing defense. Especially in transition. That is what trade is all about though.

We'd be trading for a low post scorer...

Us being a team lacking a low post scorer, this becomes important.

In a perfect world, the trade could be done for any other players besides Smoove and Horf and JJ.

I repost this here given that Vol. watches the Griz on a regular basis. Gotta be worth something.

I get the Grizz games instead of the Hawks and I live in eastern TN (what gives?).

Gasol would not fit in with the Hawks. Gasol is sloooow and plays NOOOOOOOOO defense. He is a decent scorer on the low block, but it is a finese game not a low block power game. I watched the New Orleans Hornets against the Grizz the other night and D. West of the Hornets absolutely shut Gasol down and he is only a stretch at 6-9. Gasol does not get back on defense.

The Hawks would make a large mistake trading Marvin or JSmoove for this bum. Unless BK thinks JSmoove will never grow up of course, that would be the only thing I could see in a standing offer.

Don't do it BK!

Here goes Atlanta thinking of doing something dumb again. We are winning games, because we have a dynamic lineup and cause mathcup problems. If we trade Smoove for Gasol...we are no different then any lineup in the East and we are no longer athletic. We get older and slower, all in one. Meanwhile we are a better team when we run. So what does this really accomplish?

I would be thrilled to see the Hawks get Pau Gasol but I would also hate to see them lose Josh Smith (great young player and should only get better with more experience!). Hopefully, they can trade for Gasol without losing Smith, Horford (probably pretty much untouchable at this time?) or Williams (I think he is finally showing why the Hawks drafted him so high).

• Premium Member

Like I have said before, Gasol is a better trade with Marvin than Smoove simply because Marvin doesn't warranted to be kept over Smoove AND Gasol replaces the things that Marvin does. However, Gasol does add Low post scoring!

Quote:

Like I have said before, Gasol is a better trade with Marvin than Smoove simply because Marvin doesn't warranted to be kept over Smoove AND Gasol replaces the things that Marvin does. However, Gasol does add Low post scoring!

All I know is that if we move Smoove for Gasol we'd lose the 10,000 fans we get per nite. We should offer Chills, Zaza and Salim.

Quote:

Quote:

All I know is that if we move Smoove for Gasol we'd lose the 10,000 fans we get per nite. We should offer Chills, Zaza and Salim.

yep and as soon as we go on a 4 game loosing streak the philips arena would turn into the philips arena when no one was attending.

but we have to give up smoove or marvin because gasol would probably start

Dont think Gasol would fit great, but Memphis is definately a good trade scenario...add the fact they have a shooter in Navarro who has close relationship with Gasol, and their depth at PG. But yah, i think Smoove would be the odd man out in this scenario.

I don't understand why so many would want to mess with the starting 6 or 7 man rotation for Gasol.

For clarification I was pissed when Knight "slick willied" him from Atlanta. That was then, this is now.

I would only do a trade of:

Speedy, Shelden and Lo for Gasol

Gasol wouldn't automatically start for Atlanta.

AJ/Law/Lue

JJ/West

Marvin/Chill

Smoove/Gasol/Solo

Horford/ZaZa

That's only 12 (truthfully that's a good 11 man rotation), so I would check the NBADL and waivers for support roles at SG and PF/C for when someone gets hurt.