• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Richmond Braves moving to Gwinnett County!

TroyMcClure

I just heard it on the news. They're coming in 2009, I think. They are going to build a stadium near the I-85 corridor in Duluth.

This is just great news. It will make our roster very flexible. No waiting overnight or timing things. It also means a cheaper Braves alternative. I've never been to a minor league game. I'm looking forward to it.

AJC link

Other than what I said above, I have no idea.

OT - Did you know Dave Justice was a baller? I didn't. He got to skip 2 grades when he started going to a private school in Kentucky, just across the river from his hometown of Cincinatti. He said he was the top scorer in northern Kentucky as a senior, but was only 15 yrs old! He was only offered 1 scholarship and that is where he picked up baseball again. Good thing for the Braves, huh?

I think I may start a thread on this. People who excelled in one sport but loved another. Just a few ballers off the top of my head:

John Smoltz

Cal Ripken

Tony Gwynn

I lived in the Norfolk/Virginia Beach are for awhile - that's where the Mets triple A affiliate is. I really enjoyed going out to the games. Relaxed atmosphere and everything costs less. Plus, triple A players are generally nearly as good as the big leaguers so it's a quality product. Fun to follow the up-and-comers too. I can't wait!