• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Could the move for the Hawks be GO YOUNGER?

Diesel

• Premium Member

http://www.suntimes.com/output/bulls/cst-spt-bull13.html

If the Bulls are not interested in the Pick...

If Lampe or Podkolzine is available at the 7th pick...

Hawks maybe should consider:

SAR for Rose/#7.

Imagine us getting Lampe.

JT/Rose/Grob/Lampe/Theo.

That's a squad that can win. Because now, instead of being a team with no Shooters, we have Grob/JT/ROse/ and Lampe who can shoot. Instead of being a team that can't run, we have Rose, JT, Lampe, and Theo who can run. Instead of being a team who is in need of better ball handling, we have Rose, JT splitting the PG duties.

From what I've seen, Chandler's going to be their pf of the future....no way they let him get pushed back further in development.

We've talked about it before...

Atlanta trades: C Nazr Mohammed (4.6 ppg, 3.7 rpg, 0.2 apg in 12.8 minutes)

SF Glenn Robinson (20.8 ppg, 6.6 rpg, 3.0 apg in 37.5 minutes)

Atlanta receives: SF Jalen Rose (22.1 ppg, 4.3 rpg, 4.8 apg in 40.9 minutes)

SF Donyell Marshall (13.4 ppg, 9.0 rpg, 1.8 apg in 30.5 minutes)

Change in team outlook: +10.1 ppg, +3.0 rpg, and +3.4 apg.

Chicago trades: SF Jalen Rose (22.1 ppg, 4.3 rpg, 4.8 apg in 40.9 minutes)

SF Donyell Marshall (13.4 ppg, 9.0 rpg, 1.8 apg in 30.5 minutes)

Chicago receives: C Nazr Mohammed (4.6 ppg, 3.7 rpg, 0.2 apg in 35 games)

SF Glenn Robinson (20.8 ppg, 6.6 rpg, 3.0 apg in 69 games)

Change in team outlook: -10.1 ppg, -3.0 rpg, and -3.4 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

Due to Atlanta and Chicago being over the cap, the 15% trade rule is invoked. Atlanta and Chicago had to be no more than 115% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

Jalen's got 4 years left, Marshall two. Jalen's not in their long-term plans and they'd be hard pressed to trade Eddie Robinson (the trade didn't work with him in it, if you're curious...though could easily be manipulated).

While we're left taking on slightly longer contracts, we'd throw something like this on the floor

JT (DD), Rose (DJ), Donyell (Ira/CC), SAR (Hendu), Theo (pick). That's 11 players...then bring back someone like Moore or find some much needed size in the frontcourt (losing Nazr hurts).

Chicago would strut:

JWill, Crawford (Hassell), GRob (ERob), Chandler (Fizer/), Curry (Nazr/Bagaric) their 7 pick etc. Not bad, and they still have trade bait and pieces to work with while developing their young core.

• Premium Member

Chandler might be a PF of the future. BUt he doesn't have the body just yet. WHereas SAR has more of a Sfs game than Chandler, it would be good tutoring to have a Forward combo of Chandler/SAR. Chandler would hinder most SFs that come his way. SAR has a Post game that would only be amplified by Curry's Post game. All in all, the frontcourt of Chandler/SAR/Curry would be monstrous.

but they couldn't play small ball at all...I think it's too many true frontcourt players...Chandler's game lacks definition in the post...he needs to spend more time there, get comfortable. SAR has become relatively comfotable playing the post...the more true sf's and/or swingmen would blow by both Chandler and SAR, however you have them placed

• Premium Member

Chandler is really a KG clone.

Just like KG started as a SF with a very undefined game, so should Chandler until he finds his nitch. KG still is not a Post up PF. He hurts you just about everywhere else. Chandler has the same ability.

I don't think there's a worry about anybody blowing passed Chandler. He's a pretty good defender. Also, Small Ball is not a neccessity. How much Small Ball does San Antonio and LAL play? Small Ball is what you do when you can't really go big.

• Premium Member

http://www.suntimes.com/output/bulls/cst-spt-roman09.html

Not Sic but SICK.

He has some illness that has made him drop 18 pounds since the end of the season. He can't work out right now. He's 7'1" 218 right now.

NO way he plays PF and it's questionable weather he plays soon or not. I look for Chicago to try to deal him and get a PF.

If the deal was Rose/Chandler for SAR/Glover, I'd have to consider.

I know you're on your trade SAR kick right now and I understand and somewhat agree with your rationale. However, I simply don't want GRob on this team and would look to move him before anyone else. However, GRob and Rose could never co-exist on a team, no way.

However, there is truth to your logic of trading SAR. I think it'd be much easier to trade GRob in season than SAR for the simple reason that GRob's older, and is moving towards more and more of a role player (a "good" one I guess) whereas SAR's still relatively young and more of a cornerstone for a team, esp. one with the right components.

• Premium Member

Not only that...

BUT Unless we want to make SAR our Cornerstone for 14 Million Plus per year... We need to trade him. I figure this coming year and Next year, Reef will be totally untradable. I mean, it's suspected that we offered Reef around the league and nobody could afford him.

I think Grob's 41 million scares a lot of teams now. It would be easier for us to get some PGing help and Keep him. I don't think like you that Big Dog is the only problem. I think he's a role player and when managed well with the right components he could be very effective. But when we try to use him as a Point Forward and we have expectations that he can dribble penetrate then we are fooling ourselves. Big Dog could easily be a 18-20 ppg player who could be a great Compliment to SAR... But we need some more things with that Combo.

1. A Low Post C. (can we trade for Eddy Curry?).

2. A Ball Handler. (This has to be the #1 thing on our list).

3. Three point Shooting.

4. Good Coaching.

I don't mind keeping SAR but we have to realize that we are KEEPING SAR. That means that we need to build a team Around him and not try to build a team where he can find his place.

We've been down this road before but today, I give Specifics from my GM Brainbase.

What we will need around him is:

Houston at SG.

Big Z at C.

Miller at PG.

Battier at SF

Could we make that happen? I don't think so. I mean, in the best Case:

JT(SNT)/Hendu for Big Z. Davis to Memphis for Battier.

Grob/Theo for Houston/Harrington.

Sign Miller FA for Vet Min... 1 year.

Even with all this... We are still wishing we get Miller.

Miller/Houston/Battier/SAR/Big Z.

The reason this team works is because they are a Halfcourt team that can play inside and out. They have a Center that can play beside SAR and dominate the rebounds (until if foot hurts), they have a SG/Sf combo that can put the ball on the floor, post up, or hit threes. It's what would work.