Coaching update.

KB21

The remaining teams with definite or possible head coaching vacancies:

Philadelphia 76ers - They have interviewed Eddie Jordan, and he appears to be their top choice since they can't get Maurice Cheeks from Portland. Speculation has it that if Jordan passes on the 76ers, they will hire Randy Ayers.

Washington Wizards - They will interview Eddie Jordan, and the speculation out of Washington is that they will decide between Eddie Jordan and Rick Carlisle. Washington is a rebuilding team, so Eddie Jordan may not be the best fit.

Los Angeles Clippers - Mike Dunleavy had his second interview with Elgin Baylor, and it looks like the team is trying to negotiate with him. He has become the top choice for the Clippers. There is some speculation that if Dunleavy gets the assurance from Donald Sterling that he will attempt to keep Lamar Odom and Elton Brand around, he will take the job.

Atlanta Hawks - Nothing. Nothing is being said, and nothing will happen until sometime in the middle of July. It appears the only thing that will happen is McDavid's top choice of Mike Dunleavy may already have a job by the time the sale is final. Possibilities will include former Hawks coach Mike Fratello, current interim coach Terry Stotts, and a few assistants that have gotten interviews around the league in Dwayne Casey, Mark Woodson, Bob McAdoo, and Sam Mitchell. Dunleavy could come back into the picture if Sterling stays cheap in LA.

Well,this year is going to be another throw away

season anyway so I don't think it truely matters,It

wouldn't do much good to replace Stotts with another

assisant.

First, who would want to work for the Clippers (dare I say a franchise in more disarray than the Hawks)...

and Second, you know McDavid has told Dunleavy he is the man. Maybe Dunleavy is testing his market worth. Who knows, but I have a strong feeling he will be our coach come October...

flava

P.S. let's hope for Diaw

If this is McDavid's first move, then he's not starting the Hawks off on the right track.

Dunleavy can win when he takes over a winning team that has talent in place. That's what he did in LA and Portland.

He proved in Milwaukee that he isn't a guy who can come into a rebuilding situation and make a difference.

The best guy for the job is Mike Fratello. He rebuilt the Hawks in the early 80s. He rebuilt the Cavs. And he's won with talent and without talent. He's a fire and brimstone type of coach that would be the best fit for this current Hawks team.

Dunleavy is too laid back, and getting him will be going back to the days of having Lenny Wilkens on the bench, IMO.

The best guy for the job is Mike Fratello. He rebuilt the Hawks in the early 80s. He rebuilt the Cavs. And he's won with talent and without talent. He's a fire and brimstone type of coach that would be the best fit for this current Hawks team.

I wouldn't say he rebuilt the Cavs. They had been a 57 win team before he got there, but he did turn them into a defensive-minded team. Thats what we need is a defensive minded coach. We have guys that can score, but we need someone who'll stress defense. And i agree that Mike is one of the top guys for that job...

In 1997, I believe, Mike Fratello had 4 rookies in his starting line up: Brevin Knight, Derek Anderson, Cedric Henderson, and Zydrunas Ilgauskas. I believe he won 42 or 43 games with that line up.

When I stated rebuilt the Cavs, that's what I was talking about. The Cavs never gave that team a chance to gell though and blew it all up a couple of years later.

When I stated rebuilt the Cavs, that's what I was talking about. The Cavs never gave that team a chance to gell though and blew it all up a couple of years later.

Yeah i think a big reason because of that was due to the injuries to Z and Derek Anderson, and the declining of Shawn Kemp who was also on that team. I remember they made the playoffs that year, and the lockout came the next summer. Thats where Kemp blew up, literally; and the Cavaliers were never the same...

#1 Choice Fratello

#2 Choice Stotts

After that, everyone comes way down on my list.

If we can't get Mike, keep Terry. In fact, is we do get

Fratello, keep Stotts as assistant. Have our cake and

eat it too!!

Our picture puzzle from last season just didn't fit.

Adding a couple of players from the draft and a small

trade or two might be enough to put us into the

playoffs next season. Some are already saying that

we can't make it again next year and we don't even

know what players we will have or who will be our coach.

Wouldn't it be nice to go thru a season with no major

injuries and a stable coach and a full staff!! It's still

possible. Don't be too quick to give up the ship.

In 1997, I believe, Mike Fratello had 4 rookies in his starting line up: Brevin Knight, Derek Anderson, Cedric Henderson, and Zydrunas Ilgauskas. I believe he won 42 or 43 games with that line up."

Actually,that was the lockout year and they went 22-28

However,Mike did have some teams that didn't have

alot of talent make the playoffs...Actually,most of the

Cavs teams he had wasn't that talented.They mostly

had role players.After Daughtery retired his teams were

reall not that good:

94-95(43-39)

Mark Price-Aging

Hotrod Williams

Terrell Brandon

Ty Hill

Bobby Phills

95-96(47-35)

Terrell Brandon

Chris Mills-Yuck!Second leading scorer!

Bobby Phills

Danny Ferry

Ty Hill

Dan Marjerle-a role player by then

96-97(42-40)

Brand

Chris Mills

Ty Hill

Phills

Ferry

97-98(47-35)

Shawn Kemp-Already on decline

Wesley Person

Big Z

Derek Anderson

Cedric Henderson

Brevin Knigh

That must be the team you are talking about

97-98(47-35)

Shawn Kemp-Already on decline

Wesley Person

Big Z

Derek Anderson

Cedric Henderson

Brevin Knigh

That must be the team you are talking about

That is the team we're talking about. They made the playoffs that year and got knocked out by Indina, and haven't sniffed the playoffs since...