• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

My Letter to Bruce

Plainview1981

Dear Bruce,

I got to say that I'm very mad about the lack of direction that the Hawks have had since the Atlanta Spirit became the owners. It's been a very long time since you guys brought Joe Johnson over in the trade. While I admit that I thought you guys gave up to much at the time, it did end up working out in the Hawks favor.

However, since then Billy Knight has failed to make this team better. It's not really a huge surprise. After all, his win/loss record as a GM has to be the worst of any GM in the league at the present time. However, it's the job of the owners to force changes if the team is not progressing and the Hawks are not doing that anywhere near fast enough.

Look how far Portland has come in such a short time. Being honest with you, I have to wonder if Seattle might become a good team before the Hawks get there. My confidence in this team and ownership has been severely shaken as this is the worst I've ever felt as a Hawks fan. That says alot considering I'm 27 and have been a fan of this team for over half of my life.

Good teams and good franchises find ways to make things happen and don't have to make excuses. Take a look at the move LA just made. They had a pretty good team before, now they have traded for Gasol while giving up very little. They want to win, so they get the deals done. Why can't the Hawks get deals done? I have to wonder if you guys really want to win. It sure doesn't look like it from where I'm standing.

I have to say that I don't think I can support this team anymore. There is no sign of hope or life. The players are lifeless, and there is not accountability at all in this franchise from what I can see. I can't watch teams like LA win titles and then rebuild their team into contenders again before the Hawks can even become a decent team.

Lastly, if you can't afford this team, maybe you should consider selling or giving the team up to somebody that can give the rest of the Hawk fans some hope because they deserve better than this.

Signed,

Unhappy Hawks fan

Quote:

Dear Bruce,

I got to say that I'm very mad about the lack of direction that the Hawks have had since the Atlanta Spirit became the owners. It's been a very long time since you guys brought Joe Johnson over in the trade. While I admit that I thought you guys gave up to much at the time, it did end up working out in the Hawks favor.

However, since then Billy Knight has failed to make this team better. It's not really a huge surprise. After all, his win/loss record as a GM has to be the worst of any GM in the league at the present time. However, it's the job of the owners to force changes if the team is not progressing and the Hawks are not doing that anywhere near fast enough.

Look how far Portland has come in such a short time. Being honest with you, I have to wonder if Seattle might become a good team before the Hawks get there. My confidence in this team and ownership has been severely shaken as this is the worst I've ever felt as a Hawks fan. That says alot considering I'm 27 and have been a fan of this team for over half of my life.

Good teams and good franchises find ways to make things happen and don't have to make excuses. Take a look at the move LA just made. They had a pretty good team before, now they have traded for Gasol while giving up very little. They want to win, so they get the deals done. Why can't the Hawks get deals done? I have to wonder if you guys really want to win. It sure doesn't look like it from where I'm standing.

I have to say that I don't think I can support this team anymore. There is no sign of hope or life. The players are lifeless, and there is not accountability at all in this franchise from what I can see. I can't watch teams like LA win titles and then rebuild their team into contenders again before the Hawks can even become a decent team.

Lastly, if you can't afford this team, maybe you should consider selling or giving the team up to somebody that can give the rest of the Hawk fans some hope because they deserve better than this.

Signed,

Unhappy Hawks fan

I like it. The ONLY good news about Gasol is that we probably could not afford both Smith AND Gasol...I would view Gasol as a big stumbling block to re-signing Smoove. Remember, deep pockets these owners do not have.

Good letter. I would have added it only takes boston one year to rebuild. Maybe more of Knight's failures (like paul and roy). Also, Woodson has no clue and the team is cheap. For the most part good letter.

I agree with yubs, expect a company lined letter response. Some Bs they will feed you to hopefully make you at ease.

Nothing is going to happen with this team. I like the line about selling the team. Too bad it can't happen.

P

Quote:

Expected a lot more anger than this, considering your rep.

Either way, Bruce will shrug it off and have his assistant type up a canned response. Expect the company line if you ever get a response.

Often times it's just pure anger. But not right now. These guys have seriously got me fed up with it all. There is simply no hope right now. The Atlanta Spirit has gave us nothing.

Quote:

BTW big coincidence you start posting when the Hawks go on a losing streak. Go figure.

GSUteke, It's a big coincidence you are a d*ck.

GSUteke, you are the least sensitive, most ignorant, whimpering person on this board. Not only did I have a 2-level artificial disk replacement surgery, I developed a 1.2 liter abdominal seroma following an illiac vein injury and treatment doses of blood thinners. I lost 42 lbs (from 198 to 156) in 30 days. Draining it didn't work so I had a 2nd surgery mid january to evacuate it and place a larger drain.

I'll send you my medical records if you'd like, but only on one condition. Upon receiving them (I'll send them to a 3rd, confirming source) if they show my condition to be improving at the time of my increased posting you will never post at Hawksquawk again.

I've been through quite a bit as I have suggested before in the last two months and to have my character questioned by a d*ck-headed, loser ass-hole like you after all of it is just plain sorry on your part.

I deserve a sincere apology if you are not going to take the bet.

W

Quote:

Quote:

You are such an angry little man.

LOL

BTW big coincidence you start posting when the Hawks go on a losing streak. Go figure.

Walter, It's a big coincidence you are a d*ck.

Walter, you are the least sensitive, most ignorant, whimpering person on this board.

Blah Blah Blah

Half the board wishes you will never post at Hawksquawk again.

We've been through quite a bit as a board in the last few years and to have our character questioned by a d*ck-headed, loser ass-hole like you after all of it is just plain sorry on your part.

Hawksquawk deserves a sincere apology if you are going to continue posting here.

A Very Angry little man

Turns out Walter's mother gave him his favorite Binky all the way through Middle School

EDIT: Do not post inappropriate pictures.

It's all starting to make sense now!

"blah, blah, blah" part you cut out was the part in which I nearly died. Nice touch Mr. sensitivity. I lost nearly 2 liters of blood with the left iliac vein injury. I could have bled out, and despite not doing so, more complications followed including a 1.2 liter abdominal seroma. BUT I MADE IT! My back is even getting better now. But, you being such a big, grown up man, and all, think I lied about my surgery and faked it. May you go through what you think I faked! "Blah, blah" that out.

George Stein Brenner has more sensitivity than you, GSUteke. Only a weeny little man with too many complexes to mention would gloss over the insensitivity of his accusing me of faking my surgery and health and then be surprised when, after all I've been through, I would be upset with anyone who would question my sincerity about it. You are the lowest d*ck of all dicks. May you find your own [censored] to your liking.

W