• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

BK passed on both Roy and Paul now there Allstars

SmooveTheFuture

Can someone please explain to me how in the world does this guy still have a job right now. It is mind boggling to me how owners can not see this guys blunders. Marvin Williams is improving but I dont think he will ever have the impact that Chris Paul has on the game you can say arguably he is the best point guard in the NBA and the MVP of the league so far. Swingman are a dime a dozen but Point guards like Paul are very rare. Just look what he has done with the Hornets the best record in the West and making his teammates better look what he has done with David West (allstar). Drafting Shelden Williams promising him the draft pick without working him out might one of the worst moves in sports history Shelden is a scrub bum who never be more then a role player in this league. Brandon Roy in his 2nd season in the NBA has the Blazers in the playoff hunt without Oden and is becoming one of the better young guards in the league An allstar in only his 2nd season. I just dont understand how a man with this awful track record can still have his job he doesnt talk to the public or media about what the Hawks are going to do. Sooner or later someone has to be held accountable for what is the debacle that is going on with this franchise. We pass on two rookie of the years in a row and two allstar players in there 3rd and 2nd seasons and still the GM has his job its unbelievable. The fact he doesnt make any trades or looks for ways to improve the ball club is just depressing if you are a Hawks fan. I dont like living in the past but you cant hide from these Draft Blunders they are goin to haunt us for many many years esp with Shelden Williams who could be out of the NBA in two years way to go Billy Knight. This franchise is in pure shambles and it all begins with the GM and Front Office.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where would Brandon Roy start on this team?

He is a 2 guard and so is JJ. Lucking up and landing Al Horford makes up for the Shelden blunder.

Paul over Marvin is hindsight. Marvin is the youngest player on the team and is showing promising signs of progressing every year.

Everyone knew we took him because we were a 13 win team desperate in need of a player with star potential. And everyone knew he was a guy who was going to take 3-4 years to start to reach his potential. Right now he's only in his 2nd year as a starter since HS.

Add the fact that Joe Johnson was bought here to be a PG and it's a moot point altogether.

Regardless, Marvin stays hungry and he could be putting up 20+ easy next year closing that enormous efficiency gap between the two even more next year.

It's time to move on and hope for the best from Marvin and Acie Law.

Right now even though we have not been hot this month, even though our record isn't great, we are still in playoff position.

One of the youngest teas in the NBA in playoff contention. Why are we complaining?

Quote:

Where would Brandon Roy start on this team?

At Pg within a 3 guard rotation with a smaller, "pure" Pg. JJ would also get a few MPG at the 3 using a 3 guard rotation.

Quote:

Lucking up and landing Al Horford makes up for the Shelden blunder.

Like hell it does. We weren't overloaded in talent, skillset, and positions filled to go wasting picks right and left.

Why does BK get this apologist bullshit all the time? You guys are up his arse too far. From the "He knows something we don't" nonsense you guys attributed to him because of his ignorance portrayed as aloofness, the "his hands must be tied" BS, to the "We don't need no stinkin' all-stars to love BK" nonsense. I hope you guys use KY and avoid all the chaffing. Gross stuff.

W

Quote:

Can someone please explain to me how in the world does this guy still have a job right now. It is mind boggling to me how owners can not see this guys blunders...

No...in all honesty I cannot explain to you how in the world BK still has a job right now - except maybe - the ASG doesn't really give a flying f^cking rats ^ss about the Hawks. They like the Hockey venue.

The only real basketball man in the group was always Belkin - who everybody threw under the bus because he didn't want to give that one extra draft pick away - NOT BECAUSE HE DISSED THE JJ TRADE!!!!!!! he accepted the first AND second iteration - No, he didn't want to give away this year's 1st round draft pick (as it turns out thanks to good PP ball bounces) to PHX because we didn't HAVE to. Good God people. Belkin was and is the smartest basketball man of the group...we would be damn lucky if it works out that Belkin gets the Hawks and the other goobers get the Thrashers. munching_out.gif He would give us a chance. Of course he would be cheap? NO. He would be smart. stirthepot.gif

P.S. - but even though I have been basically the only Belkin supporter on this board for the last two years - you won't hear me saying "I told you so" like Walter. Nope. I won't criticize your dumb-assed faith in the ASG against Belkin.

Oh shoot...like hell I won't...I told you so!. bannana_guitar.gif

Yep BH...and you wouldn't believe the cr#p I had to put up with...like Belkin only wanted to get the team so he could move it to Las Vegas...LOL. Belkin wants an NBA franchise to make a contender. He has much more money available than the others as far as silent partners/investors.

You telling me we couldn't be an NBA town if the Hawks were top 1/2/3/4 in the EC? I think we easily could.

It's not always all about how much money you have -- often it's about how much money you can control. Belkin is a controller...a true businessman.

Quote:

...Do you by any chance know the net worth of these owners, including Belkin?...

All I know is that Belkin put in more money than any of the others (around 30% I believe). Therefore he was given the "Governorship"...a position that he used within the rules until BK went MAD with giving away everything and the kitchen sink to get JJ. Belkin balked (as he should have)...then everybody in the ATL blamed the deal on Belkin. As if we HAD to have JJ even if we gave up first born sons.

But as far as money and influence on other people's money I'm comfortable in saying that Belkin is far advanced over the other ASG players - in fact - I think he probably took them along as weak owners to shield some of his assets. He didn't expect them to turn on him. They actually picked BK's judgement against his!!! LOL - it seems too funny now.

Quote:

Belkin balked (as he should have)...then everybody in the ATL blamed the deal on Belkin.

So when you sign a contract that says that decisions are made on a best 2 out of 3 vote basis (majority rules), the right thing to do is to completely ignore that fact if the other 2 parties don't agree with you? Riiiiiight. Belkin is a shady character who strong armed his way into the governership, clearly broke the rules of how the decisions were to be made, has refused to have the legal procedings expedited because he doesn't care about crippling the team, and was trying to run the team on the cheap from day 1.

The fact that the ownership hasn't looked so great to date doesn't change any of those facts. Not to mention that it is highly possible that this nightmare keeps going on because the coach and GM can't currently be fired because Belkin is prolonging the legal wranglings and they don't believe they will be able to get replacements until the whole thing is settled.

Quote:

Quote:

Belkin balked (as he should have)...then everybody in the ATL blamed the deal on Belkin.

So when you sign a contract that says that decisions are made on a best 2 out of 3 vote basis (majority rules), the right thing to do is to completely ignore that fact if the other 2 parties don't agree with you? Riiiiiight.

If you make somebody the "Governor" like they did Belkin...it means he has final sign off power - yes or no.

Now let's get a little bit real on this. BK wanted JJ and wanted to GO FOR HIM in FAcy. All the ASG went along with that as did Belkin as the Governor. They allowed BK to offer JJ a max offer. Then PHX got scared and started to negotiate. Then BK got scared and offered everything but the kitchen sink. First it was a 1st round pick...then it was a first round pick plus Diaw...then it was 2 first round picks plus Diaw. Belkin realized that BK was acting like a drunken sailor and - in his position as Governor - he vetoed it.

Then everybody hated him for excercising the power that the ASG had given him already since he had spent the most money on the team anyway. So then the damn fool fans all hated Belkin because the ASG got on the radio and bitched about it.

Then the other ASG fools forced Belkin to allow the farce and to make the Hawks give up a max contract - a previous 1st rounder (picked by BK) and 2 future 1st round picks - to get JJ - when most folks didn't think PHX would match the original max offer anyway.

So here we are. detective.gif

Quote:

Another comeback win for the Blazers lead by Brandon Roy and His triple double. When was the last time Shelden Williams actually made a basket for us? Chris Paul dishes out 19 assits in another Hornets win. Man its depressing being a Hawks fan at times.

We are one of the youngest teams in the NBA and for the first time this decade we have a legit shot at making the playoffs.

Go take your doom and gloom and dead horse beating nonsense elsewhere.

Again, where would Brandon Roy play?

He's a SHOOTING GUARD. We still wouldn't have a point guard.

Chris Paul? Joe Johnson was brought here to be the POINT. It was one of the main reasons why we lured him in.

Quote:

If you make somebody the "Governor" like they did Belkin...it means he has final sign off power - yes or no.

No. This ownership was put together as a 3-party affair. The NBA requires one guy to actually sign the papers and send the trades in, that's the governor. Their agreement clearly stated that all decisions were to be made on a best 2 out of 3 basis and then Belkin would send them in. He was given no special rights in the decision making. He was not given veto rights or anything like that. He was just the guy supposed to communicate directly with the NBA after the majority decided.

That is why the ASG was to buy him out in the first place.

Not to mention that Belkin was only made governor because they had to get the deal done in a week to beat out McDavid and on the last day Belkin said he would leave if he wasn't made governor on the NBA side.

Quote:

Quote:

Where would Brandon Roy start on this team?...

That's a very good question BBIB. How could we possibly fit an All-Star into our starting rotation? It boggles the mind. ufo.gif

We're too talented already having one borderline all-star on the team. What were some of us thinking trying to have TWO all-stars. Selfish and unlikely to ever amount to anything good.

W

Quote:

..Not to mention that Belkin was only made governor because they had to get the deal done in a week to beat out McDavid and on the last day Belkin said he would leave if he wasn't made governor on the NBA side.

Well I'll have to send a couple emails on those issues - you may be right? I kinda doubt it.

Primarily Belkin was the logical choice for "Governor" because he put in more of his money than any of the other ASG "partners". I'm pretty sure B didn't think that the Governorship of the organization was a clerical paperwork-forwarding position. I'm pretty sure he felt that it was a final sign-off to any monetary agreements. Granted he was supposed to follow the majority (#s-wise or $$-wise??) but anyway, I think he felt that he was the Captain of the Ship.

He intended to be a get-along type Captain until the others got out of control. Then they fired him and now he will likely take all the bums for everything. Ce este la' wink.gifvie. wink.gif

zipper.gifPLEASE LET IT GO!!! The only thing that Billy has done wrong that is making me upset is having Woody coach this team. With draft picks everyone hits and misses.

Yeah, you can talk about Roy and 3P…

He thought he would get out of Shelden what he is getting out of Big Al.

Why is no one talking about the Big Al pick over Yi or JR? Maybe, because Mike Jr is not doing that well and Yi’s team is not doing well.

90% was saying take Marvin just like 90% said take Big Al.

It’s funny how some of you keep crying for 3P but do not want to trade Marvin for a PG. lol

And… how about the pick of J-Smoove, the stat machine.

If you guys want to cry, please cry about angry22.gifWoody because he is now. Those other things are in the past and we can’t change them.