• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Marvin Williams on Jim Rome Tuesday

TheTruth

Quote:

He will be the guest on Jim Rome is Burning tomorrow (Tuesday) at 4:30 pm on ESPN. I didn't know if you guys knew this already, but I just thought I would post it.

Cheers.

You think that, just maybe, Rome will mention the 2005 draft?

That could be a rough interview.

Quote:

Quote:

He will be the guest on Jim Rome is Burning tomorrow (Tuesday) at 4:30 pm on ESPN. I didn't know if you guys knew this already, but I just thought I would post it.

Cheers.

Yeah, I bet he does. Knowing him, it will probably be the first thing out of his mouth. Hopefully Jim won't act like a prick for once and conduct a decent interview.

With that said, I look forward to hearing what Marvin has to say. Unfortunately, I will be in my Negotiations class, so can you guys summarize what he says? I would very much appreciate it.

Quote:

Quote:

Cheers.

I really doubt it gets uncomfortable. I don't think Rome would be the first person to mention Chris Paul to Marvin and Marvin doesn't seem like someone with a fragile psyche or a problem with being too self-conscious.

Plus, Rome's an enormous Roy Williams fan and a vocal critic of Coach K's evil empire. He'll probably want to maintain a civil conversation as much as he can as he fishes for that 2005 draft soundbite or two that I'm sure he'll be looking for.

Quote:

Quote:

If Jim Rome says the name "Chris", then i guess Marvin should do this....

laugh.gif

LOL why did he keep calling him Chris? Just to piss him off?

Quote:

]

LOL why did he keep calling him Chris? Just to piss him off?

Yes sir. I liked espn2 back in the day, with the alternative type shows. Rome constantly referred to Everett back in those days as "Chris" . . as in Chris Everett, the female star tennis player of the 70s and 80s.

Jim Everett was a fragile and soft azz QB for the Rams back in those days. LOL . . even the way he went after Rome was weak. Ish, take a swing at him. Push him down so hard that he flies out of his chair. Everett looked like he was trying to high school wrestle with Rome.

LMAO . . and Rome didn't even hesitate to immeadiately call him Chris again, after being "threatened". He wasn't scared of Everett at all.

Quote:

He wasn't scared of him because he knew the staff their would jump in and save him, plus I doubt Jim Everett wanted in assualt charges filed against him.

haha exatcly if they were on the street by them self, no way he would call him Chris again.

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

He wasn't scared of him because he knew the staff their would jump in and save him, plus I doubt Jim Everett wanted in assualt charges filed against him.

haha exatcly if they were on the street by them self, no way he would call him Chris again.

Agreed. Rome felt protected by the camera with that interview and was looking to see how far he could push the envelope on camera. He would have no interest in provoking Everett except to exploit it for television because he would get beaten down.

Nothing worth mentioning..

asked about transition from 1yr at UNC to nba..

going back to get his degree...

Hawks losing, whats going on..

Woodson job security, threatened by trades..

But marvin kept it low key, just said they trying to get back to defense and rebounding, which will solve all the probs tongue.gif

If I was a radio guy I'd ask him some of these:

1. What parts of your game do you think need the most polish or improvement ? (the usual Q to get it started)

2. What position do you play....Is Smith the SF or are you the SF ? Just to see what he says.

3. Your such a good mid range shooter....whats up with yourt range on the 3 pointers ?

4. Who do you have the best relationship with on the team ?

5. Who is the funniest guy in your locker room ?

6. Does Woody alwayse have the WTF just happened look on his face even in the locker room ?

7. Have you ever competed in a booty dance copmpetition b/c that is one big badonka-a-donk ? Just for a laugh.

8. What up with JJ's play ?

9. Who do you give credit for your growth as a basketball player at the NBA level ? (Would he say Woody,Nique or neither?)

10. So your going to get your degree......How about asking what his major is ?

11. What player to you try to immulate your game after ?

12. How active is Nique in working with the team ? Is he hands on at all ?