• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Philly Fans love Smoove....check this blog

HawkNJersey

I've said that his name gets mentioned here often...well the "Bring Smoove to Philly" campaign may start to ge more publicity.. The link takes you to the blog, with Sixer fans responding....

http://blogs.phillynews.com/inquirer/deeps...ers_fan_fa.html

Atlanta’s Smith A Sixers Fan Favorite

ATLANTA -- Of all the players who are considered possible future 76ers by the fans, the one who gets the most mention on this blog is Atlanta Hawks forward Josh Smith.

And based on his performance in Atlanta’s 96-91 win on Monday over the Sixers, the support for Smith should continue at a high volume.

Smith had 19 points, nine blocked shots, nine assists, four steals and six rebounds while shooting 7 for 13 from the field.

While he may not be the back-to-the-basket power forward that the Sixers are looking for, we think he could fit in just nicely with this team. And so do many of you in blogsville.

Again, as we have said many times, it’s hard to imagine that Atlanta will allow this restricted free agent-to-be to leave town. Even with Atlanta’s unsettled ownership situation, the Hawks have to realize what an emerging talent he is. And remember, Smith should just now be a senior in college.

Before Monday’s game I was talking to Smith and told him he was one of the most popular names mentioned on the blog in the fans’ desire to have him become a future Sixer.

“Tell them I thank them for doing that and giving me the publicity,” Smith said.

Imagine an emerging NBA star, thanking the fans for wishing that he would be a member of their team.

Right now it looks like wishful thinking, but if somehow Atlanta doesn’t want to make or match a mega offer, the Sixers should be the first in line.

Smith and Atlanta coach Mike Woodson have acknowledged that the 6-foot-9 forward is still learning the game. Remember, he just turned 22 in December.

Smith is more comfortable this season from the perimeter, but he can use work on his outside shooting and his handle. Still, he has made tremendous strides.

He has yet to earn his first all-star berth, but we can see him getting there in the not too distant future.

One thing he is assured of is that Smith will remain a popular figure among Sixers fans. Especially those who dream of having a power forward who can take over a game on either end of the court.

Must be the casual fans. I was reading the RealGM Philly board last night expecting a lot of action, but most of them HATED the idea of going after Smith. They all consider him an SF playing PF (they need a PF) and most of them easily preferred Okafor over Smith. Pretty dumb if you ask me, but hey, I'm not gonna argue with them..

• Premium Member

Quote:

Must be the casual fans. I was reading the RealGM Philly board last night expecting a lot of action, but most of them HATED the idea of going after Smith. They all consider him an SF playing PF (they need a PF) and most of them easily preferred Okafor over Smith. Pretty dumb if you ask me, but hey, I'm not gonna argue with them..

Actually, Smoove is a much better match for the team that Philly wants to build.

With Lou Williams, AI, Thad Young, and Dally.. having Smoove at PF is a better match than Okafor. Now, if they trade Dally and keep Miller, I would probably lean the other way.

• Premium Member

Quote:

One more thing, I wouldn't count RealGM fans as anything beyond casual.

Quote:

I went and check that forum. The same guys that said that, are saying Smoove owes his performance and the victory to Chillz.

Well, I no for a fact that Smoove is the most popular player that comes out of 76ers fans mouth.

I'm a Philly Eagles Football fan. I stay on their message board and listen to the Philly Sports radio every day. The Fans are always trying to think up a way that would bring Smoove to the 76ers.

Here is my philly sig

dawkinsoncrumpler.gifcool.gif

Quote:

Quote:

Actually, Smoove is a much better match for the team that Philly wants to build.

With Lou Williams, AI, Thad Young, and Dally.. having Smoove at PF is a better match than Okafor. Now, if they trade Dally and keep Miller, I would probably lean the other way.

I agree completely, but I wasn't going to argue with them and correct all of their misjudgements about him. Hell, I WANT Philly to think Smith is a tweener who shoots a low percentage with zero Bball skills. Smith actually is somewhat that type of player, but unless you see him on a daily basis and the impact that he has, I can understand how an outsider would think that, even if they are wrong.