• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I know you guys find it funny....

kpmm

...that Woodson said (a week or two ago) that he would start monitoring the main guys' minutes more. However those same guys are still playing all the heavy minutes. That's just hilarious and shows his incompetence. He can't even adjust things that he points out to the media (fans) - Sad.

This is the part of the season where the team should be working more of the bench into the fold and building those guys' confidence so that that when we are fight for position late in the season, he, himself, would have confidence in a 8-9 player rotation.

Right now, he is STUPIDLY pounding a 6-7 man rotation at teams and these guys get burned out in games that are very winnable - resulting in poor effort + low energy + low tempo + no rest = A LOSS!!!

If you are not going to us the guys because of his poor confidence in them or no trust - TRADE THEM for a key piece that YOU WILL PLAY - IDIOT!!!

We all know, or at least believe, that our coach and our

GM are like a hand and glove - Tight together.

Yet, our coach is not playing or allowing on the floor,

the players provided to him by his GM.

Strange, to say the least. These players you have provided

are no good. If I was GM then I would be slightly mad,

upset, maybe insulted by this obvious use, or non use

of these players.

Use them or loose them. Play them or trade them.

Yeah, it's funny. He knows he should, but he won't do

it. Time he heeded some of his own advice, don't you think??

----------------------------------

If he feels that he only has 6-8 guys that are capable of performing for him (and the facts seem to back that up) should he play the guys who aren't performing and in all likelihood lose the games or should he stick with that short rotation and try and win games? Seems to me that in some of your eyes he is damned either way.

I still really believe that the problems with this team are the largest with the GM and much smaller with the coach AND the players. If BK doesn't make some trades to try and get some help off the bench it won't matter how many minutes the core group of guys play because we are doomed to lose anyway in the long run.

Dolfan23

That's my point. Coach and GM should get their heads

together. These players, the ones I cannot / will not play

need to be traded / released / sent to the D League.

Get me some players I can use!

Why? What is wrong with the unused players we have now?

Why can't you use them? If I get more / different players,

will you use them?

Somewhere, communications need to take place.

----------------------------

It is very bizarre that Woody and BK seem to be on such different pages when it comes to basketball, and yet Woody basically got the job (and is keeping it) because he's BK's buddy. Yet his style does not match the team and he has been very stubborn (or clueless) in not adapting his style to suit the players, and he seems to be making points with some players to say that they are totally useless to him. See Williams, Shelden. Or Stoudamire. Or Solo. Etc...

It's almost as if Woody hopes BK can get fired and he can survive, even though such a thing could never happen.

BK & Woody's success and survival are so definitely tied together, you'd think they'd have gotten on the same page somewhere along the way. But no such luck for us. Just another fold in the madness of the hawks.

Quote:

If he feels that he only has 6-8 guys that are capable of performing for him (and the facts seem to back that up) should he play the guys who aren't performing and in all likelihood lose the games or should he stick with that short rotation and try and win games?

Why do you continually defend Woodson no matter what? You would defend him if caught red handed for murder. How can you argue Woodson plays the guys that will not hurt the team's chances to win, yet he plays ZaZa and Lue nightly?

Gray, we have had two blockbuster deals made so far, but hardly any "roster tweaking" type deals. I think what you see going on in this league, are teams trying to either make the perfect deal, or teams reluctant to make a deal that gives up young talent or picks. There are some important questions and/or points that the fans need to know, to gague what the hell this management group has planned:

- Has the ASG specifically told BK to NOT go over the salary cap for next year? I say that because if this ownership group is committed to keep Josh Smith no matter what, they may be crunching those types of numbers right now. I think that's the #1 question we need to know. And this question will affect any type of decision that will be made in the next few weeks.

- While our expiring contracts are definitely attractive to teams, it really depends on how much and how long a contract we're receiving in return . . and if the team we're trading with wants cap relief AND possibly a good developing player or 1st round pick. For example, I think Eddy Curry could help us. But he's still owed over 30 million for the next 3 years. Teams usually don't trade expiring contracts in exchange for expiring contracts. So if in a deal involving Curry or Andre Miller, do we give up some of our expirings, Marvin Williams and our 2010 1st round pick, just to get Miller for the next 1.5 years or Curry for the next 3 at 10+ million per year?

- If the coach thinks that Acie isn't ready to run the team, can we afford to trade either AJ and/or Lue, for a player that isn't a PG? I think the first part of the question is obvious, Woody doesn't trust Law to take over the PG duties. If that's the case, do you still trade AJ, Lue and Wright for a Mike Miller type player? I would. But that means that Acie HAS to be ready to lead immeadiately. If not, we'd have no choice but to play JJ at the point, with Acie resuming his backup PG role.

- Are the Hawks looking at going after a guy in free agency, and would rather make a move for a player then, instead of now? Here's a scenario. Say the Hawks are willing to go a little over the cap next, taking the issue of money out of the equation. They let the expiring contracts fall off the books, and plan on not matching any offer regarding Childress. Smoove is matched no matter what. But the two guys the Hawks have targeted are Emeka Okafor and Jose Calderon. And they're willing to give either guy a big money deal ( Okafor 11 - 12 mill a year . . Calderon 8 - 10 mill a year ). Do you wait for them, or do you tweak the lineup now?

What if teams don't want Childress as "potential talent" in a deal? A lot of us include Chill in most of our trade deals, because he's the most expendible. But what if the teams we're trying to deal with, don't want him? What if they'll only deal with us, if we're willing to give up Smoove or Marvin? If that's the case, that poses a problem. I think the untouchables right now on this team are JJ, Smoove, Al, and Marvin. None of those guys will be dealt just to balance out the roster. If they are dealt, they will be dealt for a stay type player.

I personally think that whatever we do, is going to be a minor one that won't affect our starters at all.

It'll be a rookie swap deal, like a Shelden for JJ Redick.

Or a deal that brings in a Flip Murray or some other player that might be a little decent, but is buried on someone's bench.

Or we trade our 2nd round pick for someone who doesn't play much.

It'll be a deal that might get people talking, but it probably won't be significant. I just think that teams, especially in the East, aren't willing to deal with each other, because everybody except Miami is still within striking distance to get in the playoffs. And the West teams are so tight, they're probably looking for talent in a trade, and not cap relief. Even a team like the Clips are probably looking to add talent right now, even though they're out of the playoff picture.

I think our only chance, is to find a team out West that can immeadiately use a guy like Chill, and give us a player we can immeadiately use in return. I'll be surprised if the East deals with us..

Quote:

It is very bizarre that Woody and BK seem to be on such different pages when it comes to basketball, and yet Woody basically got the job (and is keeping it) because he's BK's buddy. Yet his style does not match the team and he has been very stubborn (or clueless) in not adapting his style to suit the players, and he seems to be making points with some players to say that they are totally useless to him. See Williams, Shelden. Or Stoudamire. Or Solo. Etc...

It's almost as if Woody hopes BK can get fired and he can survive, even though such a thing could never happen.

BK & Woody's success and survival are so definitely tied together, you'd think they'd have gotten on the same page somewhere along the way. But no such luck for us. Just another fold in the madness of the hawks.

I think that as long as we're a playoff seed, Woody is safe for this year. LOL . . yes, that's a weak argument to keep him, but i think that's exactly what is saving him right now.

The crazy thing, is that if we'd won that game last night, we could be playing tonight to put us in a tie with Washington for the #6 spot.

It would be like a college team thinking about firing a coach whose team might be on the bubble to make the tournament ( the situation Mike Davis found himself in at Indiana ), but probably makes it in more likely than not.

Quote:

Gray, we have had two blockbuster deals made so far, but hardly any "roster tweaking" type deals. I think what you see going on in this league, are teams trying to either make the perfect deal, or teams reluctant to make a deal that gives up young talent or picks. There are some important questions and/or points that the fans need to know, to gague what the hell this management group has planned:

-
Has the ASG specifically told BK to NOT go over the salary cap for next year?
I say that because if this ownership group is committed to keep Josh Smith no matter what, they may be crunching those types of numbers right now. I think that's the #1 question we need to know. And this question will affect any type of decision that will be made in the next few weeks.

-
While our expiring contracts are definitely attractive to teams, it really depends on how much and how long a contract we're receiving in return . . and if the team we're trading with wants cap relief AND possibly a good developing player or 1st round pick.
For example, I think Eddy Curry could help us. But he's still owed over 30 million for the next 3 years. Teams usually don't trade expiring contracts in exchange for expiring contracts. So if in a deal involving Curry or Andre Miller, do we give up some of our expirings, Marvin Williams and our 2010 1st round pick, just to get Miller for the next 1.5 years or Curry for the next 3 at 10+ million per year?

-
If the coach thinks that Acie isn't ready to run the team, can we afford to trade either AJ and/or Lue, for a player that isn't a PG?
I think the first part of the question is obvious, Woody doesn't trust Law to take over the PG duties. If that's the case, do you still trade AJ, Lue and Wright for a Mike Miller type player? I would. But that means that Acie HAS to be ready to lead immeadiately. If not, we'd have no choice but to play JJ at the point, with Acie resuming his backup PG role.

-
Are the Hawks looking at going after a guy in free agency, and would rather make a move for a player then, instead of now?
Here's a scenario. Say the Hawks are willing to go a little over the cap next, taking the issue of money out of the equation. They let the expiring contracts fall off the books, and plan on not matching any offer regarding Childress. Smoove is matched no matter what. But the two guys the Hawks have targeted are
Emeka Okafor and Jose Calderon
. And they're willing to give either guy a big money deal ( Okafor 11 - 12 mill a year . . Calderon 8 - 10 mill a year ). Do you wait for them, or do you tweak the lineup now?

What if teams don't want Childress as "potential talent" in a deal?
A lot of us include Chill in most of our trade deals, because he's the most expendible. But what if the teams we're trying to deal with, don't want him? What if they'll only deal with us, if we're willing to give up Smoove or Marvin? If that's the case, that poses a problem. I think the untouchables right now on this team are JJ, Smoove, Al, and Marvin. None of those guys will be dealt just to balance out the roster. If they are dealt, they will be dealt for a stay type player.

I personally think that whatever we do, is going to be a minor one that won't affect our starters at all.

It'll be a rookie swap deal, like a Shelden for JJ Redick.

Or a deal that brings in a Flip Murray or some other player that might be a little decent, but is buried on someone's bench.

Or we trade our 2nd round pick for someone who doesn't play much.

It'll be a deal that might get people talking, but it probably won't be significant. I just think that teams, especially in the East, aren't willing to deal with each other, because everybody except Miami is still within striking distance to get in the playoffs. And the West teams are so tight, they're probably looking for talent in a trade, and not cap relief. Even a team like the Clips are probably looking to add talent right now, even though they're out of the playoff picture.

I think our only chance, is to find a team out West that can immeadiately use a guy like Chill, and give us a player we can immeadiately use in return. I'll be surprised if the East deals with us..

I agree with you on this, specifically on teams looking to make the perfect deal instead of a small deal. However, if Woodson would get his head out his ass, we could improve without making any trades, although I do think we need one in the long run. How do we improve with our current roster? Simple. Give Lue's minutes to Acie, and give Zaza's minutes to Solomon. Lue and Zaza are terrible defenders and seem to think they are the star of the offense. Acie and Solomon not only are good defenders and do not take terrible shots on offense, but they also have significant room to improve while the aforementioned player's do not. It baffles me how we play the worse player who has little to no room to improve over the better player with upside. Now I would get into how we could improve by implementing some sort of half court offensive system that actually works on the NBA level, but I have given up hope of Woodson ever being competent enough to do that.