• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Game Observations

skyhawk

Last night was the first time I've seen the Hawks play in years and I certainly picked the wrong game. I won't re-hash the obvious but just some general comments..

- Mario West impressed me with his energy and defense - he made a nice strip on T-MAC and surprised me by sticking with Aaron Brooks whose a quick PG. Definitely needs to work on his jumper

- Childress is very creative around the basket and can finish.

- BK likes peanuts and is actually a nice guy. Talked with him for several minutes.

- Good to see Acie get some love especially from Gary Kubiak

- Someone needs to teach Marvin to block out as there were times when he just watched his man board. He's got skills but needs to ramp it up. I'll give him another year before dropping his jock:).

- JJ looked really sad in the 4th and I felt bad for him. He and BK had the longest faces of anyone. MIke Woodson looked frustrated the whole game.

- The Hawks do have the potential to be a great defensive team. They still have trouble switching and of course need more size in the middle.

- I've never seen a team miss with that many good look. The had trouble getting in the paint but couldn't finish when they did. Give the Rockets credit for that. Marvin needs to come stronger.

- Wither Solomon? Woodson cleared the bench but he didn't play and have no idea why. I'll give him credit as he wasn't pouting about it.

- Shelden has absolutely zero confidence as he had no idea what to do and was very timid. Nice touch on FTs.

- Horford will be a beast and Acie will do fine as our PG

The game wasn't as close as the final score but I do see promise with this group even with missing pieces.