• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

David Anderson

jeddelong

April 23, 2003

David Anderson was named part of the Australian train-on squad. It is 28 players going thru some moni camps and

then will be cut to 20.

These 20 will tour China, Croatia, Germany and Russia.

This squad will also compete in the Ociana Olympic

Qualifying Series in September.

This information was provided me by my friend in Australia,

and I'm sure he had it right.

cuz ive never seen him play and most of us (if not all of us) didnt even havent even heard of him til he was selected. Theres also that possibility that he wouldnt have been drafted if we didnt get him... but then again

- everyone drafted after him, they havent dont much in the NBA. some arent even with the team and most of them are nothing than a 12th man on the team.

- but then again, look at the 2 picks before DAVID ANDERSON.

*36th pick NY selects Milos Vujanic. Hes their future point guard that would have come to play with the knicks if they didnt have so many pointguards on the team. He has impressive stats as well...

*35th pick CLEVELAND selects Carlos Boozer. Not exactly an allstar but he did play in the rookie/soph game (aka- the dude that got hit in the head by Jason Richardsons move). Not to mention hes their starting center, is one of the better rebounders in this league, and shoots a high percentage.

In reply to:

David Andersen 7-0 PF/C Virtus Bologna (Australia) 1980 -- Has a good midrange jumpshot, but must get stronger and tougher. He is one the quickest big man in Europe. He is very agile, with nice footwork, he can jump and he has good reflexes. He has a presence on offense because he can be effective close to the basket with his knack for offensive rebounds and his technique but he can also face the basket and can score from around the lane. He needs to add bulk to fight in the NBA, but he has nice potential. May be similar to Rebraca if he can gain some strength.

http://www.nbadraft.net/2003int-older.htm

If you look at the stats for most of the top euro prospects this year, inlcuding Lampe, Pietrus, Diaw, etc. their stats are not that impressive either. As such, I don't think stats alone tell the story on these guys - which means you have to see them play. He has one skill that none of the current hawks have - he is a seven footer.

Point, who knows if he will help or not.

Emanuel Ginobili was drafted in '99, not last year.

Which is one of the advantage of drafting an international player in the 2nd round. Instead of trying him out on the roster and in most cases cutting the player you keep him overseas to mature and if he develops in a good way you bring him over.

Same happened to

Marko Jaric drafted in '00, Clippers

Raul Lopez drafted in '01, Jazz (injured)

and the trade between Boston and Sacramento for

Darius Songalia for 2 sacramento 2nd rounders.

Andersen besides 7' is rather quick, but not strong enough as of yet to play in the NBA. I don't know what his contract situation is but he is with a really good team in europe so his development is in good hands.