• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

OK, Woody, it's time for a change in philosophy.

Antmillennium

I believe a change in philosophy would do this team a world of good. As it stands right now, Woodson's philosophy is to get the ball to Joe Johnson in crunch time - no matter what. We live and die by Joe Johnson. I think that Joe has proven that if we live and die by him, we're going to die an agonizing death. Joe Johnson just don't have it in him to be a consistent go-to guy. Instead of drawing up plays at the end of the game for Joe Johnson almost exclusively, Woody needs to spread the responsibility around to several players. He should let J Smoove take a few cracks at it. Let Marvin start earning his pay checks and see if we can pull some fire and confidence out of him by letting him take some big shots. Heck, let Salim suit up again and see if he can regain his college swagger. Whatever we do, we can't continue to let Joe Johnson shoot us out of games in the closing minutes and we can't continue to let him fail on a consistent basis to make big shots at the end of games. Somebody needs to tell Woodson and Joe Johnson that he IS NOT "The Man" and that he DOES NOT have carte blanche' to keep shooting when he is ice cold. Whoever the hot man or hot men are, those are the people that need to keep getting the ball. During tonight's game, Smoove, AJ, and Horford got us back into the game, and they were rewarded with the privilege of seeing Joe Johnson throw up brick after brick. This trend cannot continue. Woodson needs to realize that Joe Johnson and Lue are not the only two people on the team who can shoot the ball within the last few minutes of the game. I, for one, am getting sick of seeing this unbalanced/unfair philosophy, and I'm sure that some of the players on the team (especially Smoove) have to be getting sick of this philosophy too.

Joe has done very well in the past. He has either lost his touch or is hurt. If he is hurt then we need to do something else like you said. If he is healthy and this is all he brings to the table we are in trouble.

There may be more to Chillz's "stagnation" comment than meets the eye. He may see himslf as basically "stagnated" behind Marvin due to where Marvin was picked and BK's ego. He may realize he is screwed and is playing behind a lesser talent (effectiveness-wise).

Personally, I really don't know if either MW or JC are the longterm answer at the three - but if I gotta start one - at this point I would start Chillz.

Yeah, that can't really sit well with Chillz. Marvin is just so danged goofy and uncoordinated. It seems as if the only thing he can do without losing the ball is shoot jumpshots. Marvin is weak, awkward, goofy, uncoordinated, has not heart, and lacks fire. To top it all off, he probably has a 20-inch vertical too. Man, Billy Knight really blew it with that pick. Being that he passed over two franchise point guards, he could have at least gotten a 6-10 guy that was an athletic specimen. Instead, he got a goofy, 6-10 cornball that plays smaller than his height would indicate. He has pretty nice form on his shot, but that form does him no good if he doesn't hit it with regularity and if he's not really a threat from the 3-point line.

Talent wise yes JC starts. Strategy wise he is my sixth man all day. Do you really want Marvin coming in with your second unit. I don't think Marvin would be able to maintain status quo much less come in the game changing the pace. I like JC right where he is. He does a wonderful job as sixth man.

Quote:

I believe a change in philosophy would do this team a world of good. As it stands right now, Woodson's philosophy is to get the ball to Joe Johnson in crunch time - no matter what. We live and die by Joe Johnson. I think that Joe has proven that if we live and die by him, we're going to die an agonizing death. Joe Johnson just don't have it in him to be a consistent go-to guy. Instead of drawing up plays at the end of the game for Joe Johnson almost exclusively, Woody needs to spread the responsibility around to several players. He should let J Smoove take a few cracks at it. Let Marvin start earning his pay checks and see if we can pull some fire and confidence out of him by letting him take some big shots. Heck, let Salim suit up again and see if he can regain his college swagger. Whatever we do, we can't continue to let Joe Johnson shoot us out of games in the closing minutes and we can't continue to let him fail on a consistent basis to make big shots at the end of games. Somebody needs to tell Woodson and Joe Johnson that he IS NOT "The Man" and that he DOES NOT have carte blanche' to keep shooting when he is ice cold. Whoever the hot man or hot men are, those are the people that need to keep getting the ball. During tonight's game, Smoove, AJ, and Horford got us back into the game, and they were rewarded with the privilege of seeing Joe Johnson throw up brick after brick. This trend cannot continue. Woodson needs to realize that Joe Johnson and Lue are not the only two people on the team who can shoot the ball within the last few minutes of the game. I, for one, am getting sick of seeing this unbalanced/unfair philosophy, and I'm sure that some of the players on the team (especially Smoove) have to be getting sick of this philosophy too.

This has been going on all season....what makes you think Woodson is going to change now?