• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Two trades to change the face of the Hawks

Admin

Consider how its almost a given that Dunleavy will be our new coach and possibly GM.

Consider that EMuss is the coach of GS and our former assistant who also ran our summer team.

Now, consider this trade.....

Atlanta trades:

D.Glover(SNT) or future first/G. Robinson/Dickau

Golden State trades:

M.Dunleavy, JR./A.Jamison

Why would Golden State do it? Cap space. Jamison has 5 years left and Dog only has 2 and production wise they are a wash, but that would allow Troy Murphy more minutes at PF where he really started to come on last year. Glover would give them a very solid 2/3 to come off the bench and spell Dog/JRich. Dickau would give them a young potential replacement for Arenas, or worst case a good backup PG.

Why would Atlanta do it? Well first off I am sure that Dunleavy would love to have his son playing for him. He could step in this year and replace Big Dog and although he wont produce like Dog, I really believe that he is capable of being a 17ppg/5rpg type of player within the next 2 years and maybe more. Jamison would be a very good PF in the east as well. But why would we need Jamison at PF when we have Reef? Well that leads to my second trade idea (not that I came up with this one on my own, but now it makes a lot of sense).

Atlanta trades:

SAR

Miami trades:

Eddie Jones/Travis Best(SNT)/#5 pick

Why would Miami do it? Riley has been quoted as saying that he is definitely listening to offers for the #5 pick and that the Heat absolutely must get a young player who can produce for them right out of the gates this year. Who in this draft could possibly do that more than Reef? Nobody. Of course they would then need to try and move Grant someplace, he has been rumored to be offered up, or they could play Grant at Center.

With the #5 pick the Hawks draft Bosh. This would really make Atlanta a younger and more athletic team. The only downside to this is relying on Bosh and Dunleavy to turn into stars, but I believe they both have a bright future and Bosh possibly a superstar future. One other downside, which is perhaps larger are that we end up taking on longer contracts. So, if we draft Povlovic or Diaw with the 21st pick, we are looking like this...

JT/Best/Diaw or Povlovic

Jones/DJ/Povlovic or Diaw

Dunleavy/Ira

Bosh/Hendu

Theo/Nazr

That leaves Crawford as our only other player under contract and we can possibly injured list him and maybe sign a guy like Keon Clark with our MCE.

What do you guys think?

I was wondering why something didnt quite seem right...

JT/Best/Diaw or Povlovic

Jones/DJ/Povlovic or Diaw

Dunleavy/Ira

Jamison/Bosh/Hendu

Theo/Nazr

So thats 12 players, so maybe we can just cut Best instead of him being signed and traded to us. I think there is a way that can be done. That would get us back down to 11 and allow us to go after maybe Kenny Anderson instead of Clark. Next year we could then move Jamison in a trade if Bosh proves to be a stud, or maybe instead of drafting Bosh we draft Ford?

Yeah it would be hard to sit him, but it might be good for his development to sit for the first half of the season and just play whatever minutes he can until he picks up the game. He is still a young player and you never know how that could turn out. I think that Dunleavy would start over him, being that he is going into his second year and would be the coaches son, plus Jamison prefers to play the 4 and could really dominate in the east at PF. However, next year we would have to look into moving Jamison if both Bosh and Dunleavy prove to be players.

So we still have the same problem....A soft SF, and

a undersized PF again to go with an undersized center.

I don't see much of an upgrade.We still have no star.

Having starless teams gets old.

We still have players that aren't winners....Like JT/AJ/

Danny Ferry JR/Eddie Jones.Still to many losers.

Basically,I want one of these guys:

Shaq

Kobe

Tmac

Paul Pierce

Duncan

Kidd-Although he is overrated.His halfcourt offense is terrible

Ray Allen

Dirk

Cwebb

Baron Davis

KG

LaBron

Sadly,we can't get these playes and always have to settle

for 3rd rate stars like Reef/Smith/JT and Eddie Jones is

just the type of aging 3rd rate star we'd be after.

Well getting a star is next to impossible.It it really

sucks to think we are one of the few teams to go

a decade without anybody even close to star status.

I just don't think getting Jamison and Jones is the

answer.The can't do anything to help their teams

win...So how are they going to win here?

I feel that Jamison, given the proper chance, can be a star. If anything, he'd help us. I read somewhere that he likes to bring the ball up just as much as the point or whomever. I could be mistaken or thinking of someone else, but if this is true, it could be the ball handling we want and need. Plus, he's going to be better than V.Carter.

As for Jones, he's a veteran. Plan and simple. He's going to give you some numbers, but the main quality for me would be his leadership. I honestly think he would help JT along, improving him and teaching him how to be a leader.

Another thing, I am a firm believe in development by play. If we get a high pick, and we have a position open (after the aforementioned trades, PF), pick a guy and play high. I thought we went about the wrong way when we drafted DJ and didn't hardly play him at first. If you want the rookie to have an impact, PLAY THEM. Start them for God's sake. Experience and exposure. So, needless to say, if we get a high pick, get what we need and start them.

I, personally, like...

JT/Best

Jones/DJ

Jamison/Dunleavy

Bosh/Hendu

Theo/Nazr

AVG PPG: 95

AVG OPP PPG: 87

I actually really like those trades and roster moves...The only problem is I'm not sure those teams will give that much up..I know g.s. would give up dunleavy but not sure about jamison also...

getting bosh would be great..he's not going to come in and start because he's a rookie but he'd still be a great pickup...

and if anything with jones starting, couldn't dunleavy back him up at guard? i know coming out of college they said he was very versatile and could play sg...then whoever comes out of the battle between him and dj as the best players, wins with eddie jones being shipped eventually..

all in all we would be offseason geniuses if we could pull this off...and hotlanta, i see what you are saying about a true star, but with these type of players on our roster if we did want to get a true star, we would have the trade bait.

I dunno, they just might. You'd have to talk to some GS fans about their true feelings/outlook on Jamison,but I think they'd do it considering that they've got a bit of a log jam in the frontcourt and Jamison's contract is a monster, the last of the max contracts before obtaining one became difficult to get...they'd like to get out of that contract.

Robinson/CC/#37 to GS for Dunleavy/Foyle/Sura

Arenas/JRich/Grob/Jamison/Dampier would be pretty solid with Murphy as a 6th man. This would improve our ball-handling and outside shooting areas. It would also allow us to trade Nazr and not have to worry about signing someone else. A trade that comes to mind would be Nazr to Boston for Eric Williams.

JT/Dickau

Mike Jr./Sura

Williams/#21

SAR/Hendu

Theo/Foyle

I think JT/Dunleavy/Williams/SAR/Theo would be very solid. Not sure who we'd take at #21 (Diaw, Howard, some SF type)

I could keep on going and trade SAR to totally revamp our team but I think that looks pretty good now and for the future.

ok, first off, does that work under the trade checker?

Dunleavy is NOT a sg, he's a sf folks, it's that simple. He lacks the speed and athleticism to even attempt to play the 2. I'd love to see GRob and Jamison duke it out on the same team, now that's comedy.

They would like to get rid of Foyle...true enough; but they'd rather be rid of Fortson, he's the biggest chemistry killer they have. I'd rather try drafting a sg than insert Dunleavy there. Dunleavy's an interesting prospect - he's a nice fit sf for a team that plays a lot of halfcourt or has outstanding athleticism at the 2 and 4 spots. He'd be a nice matchup with JT (point forward type of role) if we had someone like D. Jones at sg.

The guy the Warriors would really like to move is Erick Dampier. They like Foyle. He's cheap for them, so I see no reason why they would attempt to move him.

Dampier has an undesirable contract. Jamison has a very undesirable contract. They would love to move Fortson, who has another undesirable contract.

The problem is, no one else wants those contracts. They probably wouldn't mind getting the players, but not at the price they are at.

Those contracts are hurting their chances of keeping their good players, like Gilbert Arenas.

In now way would I trade for Jamison though. I think Shareef is a better player overall and is closer to being worth the money he is making than Jamison is.

I definitely wouldn't move Shareef for just Eddie Jones and the #5 pick, saddling us with another undesirable contract.

These trades don't help us at all. They only prolong the suffering. All you do with those two trades is move contracts that are up in 2 years for contracts that are up in 5 years. We aren't going to get better that way.

The best way to approach this is, if a good deal comes along that makes us better, make it. Otherwise, let the talent this team already has jell and build behind them with an eye for the 2005-06 season when those contracts are up.

Considering that we got Reef for Lorenzen Wright/Brevin Knight and the #3, I think getting a former All Star in Jones and the #5 is certainly reasonable. Jones MAY be on the decline but he is certainly still capable of putting up solid numbers and he certainly fills a need. At #5, we could pick up Bosh, Lampe or even TJ Ford (a move that would might have JT in the Bobby Jckson role in a season or two). I think that Jones and EITHER of those 3 guys is DEFINITELY a fair deal for Reef but more importantly, the deal would fill our needs of a 2nd ballhandler, a terrific perimeter defender while still providing us with a PF (if we take Bosh or Lampe) who could very well be BETTER than Reef in 3 years.

As for Shareef being better than Jamison, I agree with you on that but the trade was not Reef for Jamison. In fact, if the Reef trade with Miami is not made, I think Reef and Jamison would make a quality frontcourt tandem. Even though he may prefer PF, Jamison starts at SF alongside Murphy in GS now. Theo/Reef/Jamison would be a pretty formidable front court in my opinion. If we could get our ballhandling SG at #21 or if DJ comes back healthy, I would like that lineup a lot. Dunleavy MIGHT be able to play some minutes at the 2 although I have to agree with Weaseldom that he is a SF without a doubt.

The trade does work on the trade-checker. You're probably right about Dunleavy as well. So we draft Diaw/Pavlovic and play them at SG. Dunleavy could be a 6th man. Golden State does really want to rid themselves of Dampier and Fortson, though, so I'm not sure they'd trade Foyle.

JT/Dickau

Diaw/Sura

Williams/Dunleavy

SAR/Hendu

Ratliff/Foyle

I have to say that that is a very solid squad, though.

Theo/Reef/Jamison would be a pretty formidable front court in my opinion."

We move to an even softer frontline.That doesn't help

at all.This doesn't improve the lack of toughness and

none of those three guys have any potential or none

have really accomplished anything but losing.Jamison

only a hair better than Dog is....If he even is better.

We need to stop with the AJ/Dunleavy because these

are extremely soft players.

I'm not sure we could even get Eddie/5th pick for Shareef.

Riley already said he wants no part of Shareef.It ain't

happening.