• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What is the Real Issue -- What is the Weakest Link

Highpozt

I know the Hawks are not a championship team and I am now questioning whether they are even a playoff team in the weak Eastern Conference. But when you are trying to fix a problem you look for the weakest link. I am not sure if we know what the weakest link is but as much as i don't want to shake things up the Hawks are going nowhere with the current construction of this team. What will be the most effective addition by subtraction?????

As I mentioned earlier today, even BK's best known supporters on this board have now run for cover. He's the one who had this 'plan'. He's the one who hired his boy Woodson. He's the one who passed over (insert point guard here) for a guy who morphs into Dion Glover whenever he gets in the paint. He's the one who insisted on passing over Paul, yet broke off $24 million to Paul's backup, who oft-injured reputation was known even by 3rd world countries. He's the one who promised a guy (Shelden) with the 5th pick when there was no one, and I mean NO ONE looking his way in the top-10. As much as I blame the ASG for being inept/cheap for keeping him around, the owners normally don't fire themselves. So....

PULL THE TRIGGER AND FIRE KNIGHT!!!

GAME, SET, MATCH.

I don't disagree that BK has made some bone-head picks particularly Shelden --- However Woodson has enough talent to win in a very weak Eastern Conference. Even with the hand he's been dealt. He has JJ, Josh Smith, Horford, M Williams and Childress. That is enough talent for a average to excellent coach to have significantly more than 21 wins at this point. I am not letting BK of the hook, not for the players he chose, but as you stated he did choose Woodson. Nevertheless, Hawks not winning are issues dealing with motivation, player rotations, Xs and Os and player development. That is why I think removing Woodson and not BK would be far more effective than the reverse. In fact I would venture to say if BK stayed and we got a very good coach that developed players (i.e. a Jerry Sloan Type)we would look at BKs picks differently.

Quote:

I don't disagree that BK has made some bone-head picks particularly Shelden --- However Woodson has enough talent to win in a very weak Eastern Conference. Even with the hand he's been dealt. He has JJ, Josh Smith, Horford, M Williams and Childress. That is enough talent for a average to excellent coach to have significantly more than 21 wins at this point. I am not letting BK of the hook, not for the players he chose, but as you stated he did choose Woodson. Nevertheless, Hawks not winning are issues dealing with motivation, player rotations, Xs and Os and player development. That is why I think removing Woodson and not BK would be far more effective than the reverse. In fact I would venture to say if BK stayed and we got a very good coach that developed players (i.e. a Jerry Sloan Type)we would look at BKs picks differently.

You are missing the point. BK, based on his track record, will not hire a good coach to replace Woodson. BK just can't identify good coaching talent. That is why he has to go.

Why would BK hire a good coach now when he has failed to do so in his previous opportunities?