• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Help me out with my lineup in NBA 2k8

mattlanta

I need help with making my NBA 2k8 gameplay more realistic with the Hawks.

For the franchise, what would you say our lineup would look like? Who would the starters be WITH Speedy and without injuries? Who would be the sixth man, the role players, and the bench warmers? How many minutes would each player get? I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

With Woody coaching or without?

coz with Woody coaching Law gets no burn and even at the beginning of the season he wanted to start Zaza when he eventually returned from injury...

yeah...

Ideal lineup...

Law -32 minutes, JJ -36, Marvin -30, Smoove -34, Horf -34.

Lue/AJ/Speedy -12, Salim 8, Chill 28, Shelden/Solo 12, Zaza/LO 16.

Quote:

With Woody coaching or without?

coz with Woody coaching Law gets no burn and even at the beginning of the season he wanted to start Zaza when he eventually returned from injury...

yeah...

Ideal lineup...

Law -32 minutes, JJ -36, Marvin -30, Smoove -34, Horf -34.

Lue/AJ/Speedy -12, Salim 8, Chill 28, Shelden/Solo 12, Zaza/LO 16.

Thanks for the reply. Good stuff.

So Acie, JJ, Marvin, J-Smoov, and Horford will be starters.

Chillz will be the sixth man.

Zaza and Lo will be role players?

Lue/AJ/Speedy/Shelden/Solo will all be benchwarmers? Thanks.

I edit Horford and Smith and change their primary and secondary positions to what they actually play in reality.

When Horford's primary position is changed to C his overal rating goes up by 1 point though none of the specific attributes change.

They have Smith listed as a SG for seconday position and SF for primary position. If you change Smith's primary position to PF and secondary osition to SF his overall rating goes up 2 points wit no changes to specific attributes.

It really doesn't change game play if your using Horford as your center and Smith at PF..........it just gives more weight for blocked shots as PF vs. a SF to help the # rating.

Its not like your changing their natual attributes....... you are just changing the position they play and each position weighs certain attributes differently accordng to what attributes are desirable for a PG but may not be needed at C.

Quote:

I edit Horford and Smith and change their primary and secondary positions to what they actually play in reality.

When Horford's primary position is changed to C his overal rating goes up by 1 point though none of the specific attributes change.

They have Smith listed as a SG for seconday position and SF for primary position. If you change Smith's primary position to PF and secondary osition to SF his overall rating goes up 2 points wit no changes to specific attributes.

It really doesn't change game play if your using Horford as your center and Smith at PF..........it just gives more weight for blocked shots as PF vs. a SF to help the # rating.

Its not like your changing their natual attributes....... you are just changing the position they play and each position weighs certain attributes differently accordng to what attributes are desirable for a PG but may not be needed at C.

Good post.

to my lineup playing online and haven't been beaten since then with the new lineup, including a hard fought win over the Squawks own Wurider playing Hawks vs. Hawks.

The lineup that I am running now is:

Acie/Speedy

JJ/Chillz

Smoove/Marvin

Horford/Shelden

Zaza/Lo

Z is a lot better on 2k8 than he is playing this year but maybe that's just because I am so damn good LOL. Before I moved Z into the starting lineup and ran with AJ, JJ, Marvin, Smoove, and Horford as my starters I was getting killed.

I have only played Wurider that one time and I only have 3 squawkers IDs. I think it would be cool to get a Squawkers league going on there. You should sign up, it's a lot more fun playing online, although people can be annoying to play and the ability to shake the screen during FTs seems pretty stupid to me but what can you do about it ya know.

Dol, man since I mentioned I would like to try online, my work has gotten CRAZY. Long-story, short, I have to move up something that I thought I had four months to prep for by two months. In the mean time I have to go out of town of site visits every other week in March. So, all my home time is sitting in front of the computer writing up new protocols and logic modeling. At any rate, I will try to get online at some point.

Wow I played the first two games of my Association and was forced to sim them to the end because of how hard it was for me. Maybe cause it's been more than a month since I've played, but damn I suck. Even at pro mode, I couldn't make any J's by JJ... and him having one of the hardest shots to master in the game isn't helping the cause!