• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

HAWKS TO DRAFT GAINES....SPORTINGNEWS/ESPN....

dimes4life

Duane(Youngstown,Ohio): Dr. Ramsay any chance of theHawks trading 1 of the big 3.And do you think they could get a player like Gaines with their pick or moving up by trading 1 of the big 3?

Dr. Jack Ramsay: By Big Three, I assume you mean Terry, Abdur-Rahim and Robinson....I think they'd trade any of them to help the team improve. They need to revamp their roster...but they need to be careful that they don't trade for trades sake and not improve...or worse go in the other direction. None of those players is untouchable....as I've said before, I like Gaines...he'll be a good NBA player.

-ESPN-

THERE IS MORE......

ATLANTA: What can I say? This team has a load of talent that completely underachieved. Poor leadership, poor defense and an overall lack of toughness made for a terrible year.

Possible trades: Shareef Abdur-Rahim and Nazr Mohammed for Kurt Thomas and Latrell Sprewell; Jason Terry and Darvin Ham for Chucky Atkins, Cliff Robinson, Don Reid and the 25th pick.

Draft: Reece Gaines (No. 21), Boris Diaw (No. 25) and Erazem Lorbeck (Round 2)

The team defense immediately improves with Robinson, Sprewell and Thomas. So does the rebounding and toughness. Atkins is an experienced starter at the point who performed well in the playoffs and is a better defender than Terry. Reid adds depth, and the pick helps cushion the loss off the eighth pick to the Bucks. Gaines and Diaw are both good defenders with upside, and they can add depth because they can play multiple positions.

-SPORTINGNEWS-

yeah dude...i keep seeing people undervalue our talent in trades...we may have not done well as a team but for reef we can definitely get more than two old guys..same thing with terry...

if we are going to trade these guys, they need to get something in return...remember we traded a 3 pick for reef..