• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

WAY too much praise of Billy Knight and the ASG

BHayley

They make the first meaningful trade in almost 3 years and people are forgetting everything they did (or didn't do for that matter).

Who says we couldn't have gotten Bibby in this same package 2 months ago? With him, we would've won at least 3 games in that wretched West coast trip, as well as won all these heartbreaking 2 point losses.

In my opinion, the ONLY reason this trade took place was because of the fan outcry on Thursday, when every single person who's been a Hawks fan for the last 3 decades was so incredibly pissed off that they called into every radio station and emailed every single person affiliated with the Hawks they could find.

Billy Knight could have triggered this trade any time this year and probably could've gotten Bibby at an even cheaper package when Bibby was injured because there was no way the Kings were making the playoffs this year. There have been some atrocious stretches this year, where every major Hawk fan has inflicted harm on something because of frustrations at the management of this team.

From what I've seen said, it doesn't look like there is another forthcoming deal, so we are stuck with a center rotation of Horford, ZaZa (who's done jacksh!t this year), and Solomon Jones, whose arms are slightly larger than Kevin Durant's.

The ASG, meanwhile, has been defiant to fans' requests, suggestions, maintaining ludicrous ticket prices, and being stiff in every way possible. It took them 3.5 years of losing with our current core to realize that "Hey! Maybe we actually need an established point guard!" Now we have a horrendous west coast trip coming up and let all the average teams in the East catch up to us.

With Bibby, we'd have been 6th or 5th in the East right now. Now we have to deal with all these teams and hope to get to 6th so we don't face one of the two juggernauts in the East right now. And of course Bibby has to adapt to Woodson's system, whatever that may be.

I know we will make the playoffs this year, but to think that this move negates all the garbage time where an easy Andre Miller or Bibby trade could've been executed, is a falsity.

You know there is also a very good possibility that you are 100% wrong. How do you know Sactown finally came to the conclussion that expires and a young big like Shel was the best deal to make. They could have been waiting for other teams including the Hawks to up the offer as the deadline got closer. We didnt even have to give up Chills or Law in this deal much leas Marv or Smoove. BK showed patience and got us a great deal.

Umm, how could we have done this trade 2 months ago and won anything when Bibby was injured? If they had rushed and made a move (while we were winning I might add) then we wouldn't have gotten Bibby today. I'm glad that they waited because Bibby is one of the few guys that can come in and immediately help us that we could acquire.