• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Mike Bibby says he is happy to be a Hawk

NJHAWK

He says we are a good young team and we can do some things here. BK says he made this move to energize the team and he talked to Hawks players about using this move as a catalyst. He said Bibby will be great with JJ.

Quote:

BK says he made this move to energize the team and he talked to Hawks players about using this move as a catalyst. He said Bibby will be great with JJ.

I don't understand why he has to wait until we lose a heartbreaker to make a catalyst move. Our players reported to training camp a month early and the mood was great. After December, we hit that roadblock and played like garbage, reminiscent of the last 3 years of sub-par basketball this team has showed. So why couldn't we make a move like this last year, when we were within reach of the playoffs for most of the season? It takes being over %55 of the way into the last year of rebuilding for our GM to realize that we need to fill a glaring need?

I'm not buying it.

Quote:

No I just got off the phone with him and BK. LOL, it is from ajc.com, sorry I forgot to write where I saw it.

Billy probably wouldn't talk to his own mother about Hawk related issues.

BK: Hey momma!!!

Mamma Knight: Hey baby, how's work?

BK: (long pause) Now I done told you about asking about my work!!!! DON'T...GO...THERE...(long pause)

BK: So how's dad doing?

MK: He's fine baby.

We would have been foolish to trade for Bibby when he was injured and hadn't proven he could come back from it (although it wasn't a bad injury). Plus we have no idea who has been available the past year as far as PGs go and it wasn't until this season that we had expirings to offer. I could also see him wanting to see how Acie would perform as a rookie before making such a huge commitment to Bibby.

We should all be happy that the move was made now and that it will give us a chance to get this thing turned around in plenty of time to make a playoff run.

And did anyone consider that Sacremento might have been holding out for more (like forcing one of their dead weight contracts on the team that got Bibby) until now, so this is the first time they were agreeable to the trade, with the deadline looming?

Obviously, BK would have done this at least as early as the Seattle game (per Sekou) and probably much, much earlier. It takes two to tango, and BK held out for a deal that didn't gut the team or compromise the future too much.

Well done.