• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Interesting the Hawks work out Baidine this late

coachx

Found it interesting the Hawks worked out 2 big guys today (according to insider) Rickert who is a possible 2nd round pick and Baidine who coulld be a 1st round pick. Baidine could be the 1st pick if some guards are drafted early. That would be OK if English (Hawaii) or Howard were around at #37.

I would be interested to if anyone has the skoop on how the workout went. Was Baidine's athleticsm too much for Rickert?

Or was Rickert game well rounded and polished enough to hang?

I dont know how it went, but Baidine definitely interests me. I would love for us to get him in the second. Gaines in the 1st and Baidine in the 2nd would be a dream come true. Baidine says that he most closely resembles Ben Wallace in the way that he plays the game out of anyone in the league that he could compare his game to. Thats a huge statement and while I doubt that he is anything close to Big Ben, anything is possible. Wasnt Big Ben a 2nd round pick?

Baidine

NBA Comparison: Keon Clark

The best athlete out there. The next big center out of Senegal. More athletic than all those who have been pros from Senegal before, he has terrific upside. Long arms, wide shoulders, great body. Has soft touch around the perimeter and can hit the open 15ft jumper. Good shot blocker, and outstanding rebounder. He won’t box out but will move his feet to wherever the ball is. Was the African Junior Championships best rebounder, and if Senegal guards were up to his level, he would have been the best player.

Gaines

NBA Comparison: Jim Jackson

Strengths: Very smooth combo guard. Played point his first two seasons, and can legitimately play the point guard position. Excllent ball handling ability and composure. A smart player with great maturity. Passes well, and has a solid overall game. Has a quick first step and takes players to the basket well or can find an open man off the drive. Strong character guy, not arrogant. Really passes well of the drive