• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Where we lost on the trade

AnnArborHawk

Anthony Johnson, for not being a spectacular player, was the "field general" quarterback of the team. He wasn't going to win you the game, but he wasn't going to lose it for you either. He ranks in the top 10 in the NBA in assist/turnover ratio, and with him at the helm the Hawks averaged under 15 turnovers per game.

In 5 games since he departed (I'm blaming this on losing AJ, NOT adding Bibby), the Hawks are averaging 21 turnovers per game. I think the guys got excited about Bibby and started playing excited, lacking discipline (which showed on the defensive end the first few games as well).

Anyway, point is, part of me is missing AJ....

You are forgetting that Acie got hurt. Acie only had 4 turnovers total this month and only averaged 1.2 turnovers last month.

The lack of another pg is just exposing mistakes the other players have been making all season. WTF are they doing throwing no look passes when they can't even make basic passes consistently?

Quote:

I don't think that's true at all. He has the size to guard big PGs... He will give up one or two blow ups but he's good at helping out and guarding the three point shooters.

Yeah he could guard the Eric Snows and Sam Cassells of the world but he had no chance against the other 30 or so pgs in the league. Guys like Tony Parker, Devin Harris, AI, Starbury, Deron Williams, Chris Paul and a healthy Mike Bibby all licked their chops knowing they could get wherever on the floor whenever they wanted....TJ Ford ate up AJ all night and Horf had to put him on the floor for it at Phillips

we lost out by losing size in lorenzen and sheldon. i for one would have liked to see zaza in the place of sheldon. at least he tried to defend the paint. we've been getting ate up out the with zaza. but i think that sheldon was ready to leave the ATL. can't be mad about that.

As a backup playing 8-12 minutes a game AJ was okay, but doesn't give you a spark. As a starter he was horrific. Couldn't penetrate, slowed things up. Sometimes the numbers don't tell the whole story just like the numbers don't tell all that Al Horford does for the team.

I dont think this increase in TO's has anything at all to do with AJ and everything to do with Bibby and his teammates learning to play with each other. Bibby's teammates are not used to getting the passes that Bibby throws and Bibby's not used to the way everyone moves and cuts just yet.