• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Horford intervew in The Sporting News

coachx

Has anyone read the Horford interview in the this weeks Sporting News ?

I can't find it on their web page to post but read it in print form. It was good article.

Horford is asked how he gets along with the older players. (I am paraphrasing ) Horford's reply: I am not afraid to speak up when I see something is not right. I remember one practice I (Horford) did not feel Josh Smith was trying so I spoke up and dogged him infront of everyone. We kind of got into it. Afterwards I was cooling off in the shower and Smith dumped a bucket of cold water on my head. I guess, he proved his point. (Don't take this ot of context. I bet Horford was laughing and not scowling as he told the story.)

It speaks volumes of his maturity. I'll type in the whole article if it can't be found and posted but you guys probably don't want me typing in the whole article since my typing skills are well documented.

Good stuff! I love that we have that type of guy on our team and he is the type of guy that you end up maxing out because in addition to his obvious talent in a year or two he will be THE leader of this team for as long as he is a Hawk, which I hope is his entire career. I'm glad that Smoove was able to be cool about it but he has some huge brass ones to dump cold water on the beast in the shower.

Yea, you've got to love this guys winning attitude. I'm glad that Horford isn't afraid to speak his mind as well.

Last night toward the end of the game, Horford was at the free throw line and after his first shot some of the other Hawks came towards him to give him to give him dabs; as seems to be the ritual these days. Instead of aproaching them, Horford just waived them off with a smile and seemed to mouth the words "I'm okay". I'm sure no disrespect was intended, he probably just felt that he didn't need the extra encouragement.

Quote:

Is this currently on the newstand? I searched the sporting news website, but couldn't find it.

Is it the Spring Training Preview issue with Tori Hunter on the cover? Was in an in depth article on Al?

It has Kidd in a Mavs uniform on the cover. The interview is one page, 1/2 page text, 1/2 page photo.

That was the best nuggett in the inerview. I'll post the rest at home after work since the mag is there.