• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Other possible GM/HC openings this offseason

KB21

Reading through the news today, and the Hawks will have some competition when they decide to make some changes in the offseason.

Larry Harris will not be retained in Milwaukee. Herb Kohl actually prevented Larry Harris from making any moves this season. It is being reported that Harris almost had a deal with the Knicks that would have brought Zach Randolph to Milwaukee, but Kohl blocked it. Kohl also ordered head coach Larry Krystvieaicjooighs to stop running the triangle offense, so both Larry's may be looking for jobs in the offseason.

There will be some changes in Indiana as well. Donnie Walsh's contract is up, and even though he has considered retirement, he has stated that he will be somewhere in the NBA next year. Larry Bird may also be out in Indiana, but there is a sense from the owners that he's really only had one year in charge of personnel up there. Oh, Indiana's owners are apparently trying to sell the team.

Now, Donnie Walsh is a guy the Hawks should look at as a President, Executive Vice President, General Manager, or whatever. He's one of the best in the business and has a wealth of knowledge and experience behind him. I can see a situation emerge where Donnie Walsh becomes the Hawks Executive VP/GM with Larry Brown becoming the head coach. The two have an extensive working history with each other. Donnie was an assistant on Larry's coaching staff back in the late 70s and early 80s, and they teamed up again in Indiana with Donnie being the GM with Larry as the head coach.

In fact, I would say the Donnie Walsh/Larry Brown to Atlanta situation could be very likely from what I've heard.

How much have you heard the owners are willing to add to the payroll, because I don't see those 2 coming to manage a roster with a bottom 5 payroll? Also, have you heard what type of concession there willing to make in terms of a contract buyout if terminated. Because I would find it very hard to believe that those 2 would come knowing that Belkin could dump them in a moment's notice. So they could be hired on 7/1 and on 12/1, be fired if Belkin would prefer to bring in Jan Kolb and ML Carr from Boston. So would Belkin be on the hook for the full value of those contracts or will a buyout be placed in their deal? And why would they agree to a contract buyout and working with the grim reaper standing in the corner when they could be hired by virtually any other club needing a GM and/or coach in the next season or 2?

I think Gearon is committed to going to the luxury tax threshold. It is Steve Belkin that wants to spend to the cap only.

Everything else you asked in your post, I'm not sure about. I haven't heard anything on the next step in the ASG vs Steve Belkin saga since the court of appeals in Maryland threw out the initial verdict that gave Steve Belkin the opportunity to buy out the other partners.

I do know this for a fact though. If Steve Belkin had his way, the front office would be made up of Jan Volk, ML Carr, and likely Larry Bird. Out of those three, Bird is the only one that has any credibility. Larry Bird is a close friend of Steve Belkin though, and if Steve ever gets to the point that he can buy an NBA team, it's pretty much a guarantee that Bird will be either part of the ownership group or a front office executive. Jan Volk and ML Carr will be there as well.

I did read that when the NBA allowed the ASG to vote Steve Belkin out of the governorship of the Hawks, it was done with a back door deal. David Stern apparently told Belkin that the NBA wouldn't look bad upon this if he wanted to buy another team.

I've heard rumors that Gearon and Levenson have already met with Larry Brown and have asked him if he would be interested in taking the Hawks job, but it is nothing that I can substantiate with a link or verify with someone that is closer to the situation than I am.

He has taken a very respectable franchise and filled them with a team full of punks who constantly get in trouble off the court and no matter what anyone says about BK at least we can be proud of our players actions off the court. I read an article by the Pacers owner the other day about the changes that are going to be made to get the franchise back to being one that the fans can be proud of and that's the last thing I would want for the Hawks.

I have to say no to anyone who runs the triangle offense because I seriously doubt our players that can't even pass out of a double team can run a complex offense like the triangle.