• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Two Cs to look at in the off-season

Brotha2ThaNite

We need a Center... Just like I said at the start of the season. There are too many easy points in the paint. I must admit Zaza has been playing better the last couple of games but I WANT DeSagana Diop !

Maybe we can get a bargin in Patrick O'Bryant but Diop would be my #1 guy on the free-agent market. I would not care if we lose my man Chill if we get Diop.

What FA would you like to see us get?

O'Bryant is a waste.

Diop can rebound and defend, so he's a guy I would look at bringing in. The thing with Diop though is that he's probably a 20 MPG player at the most. If you bring him in, I think you should do it only for possible match up situations against teams that want to slow the action down and pound you inside. Diop is not a player that can play heavy minutes on a team that runs, if the Hawks do decide to bring in a coach that will have them pushing the ball up the floor.

The more i look at it, it comes down to if there are any C's available that are worth more than Chill and I just don't see it. Diop could possibly be available w/ the mid, but he's a pretty well known commodity so we'd be in competition w/ some other teams. Kwame's also an unrestricted, but I'd have serious reservations about bringing him here for anything above the league min.

From all indications POB is garbage, but could be worth a gamble if we're not giving up much. I mean he couldn't be much worse than what we're working w/ off the bench now. Chad Ford had him ranked #9 on his list of unrestricted FA's this summer (Kwame was 4 and Diop 5). Here's what he had to say about him:

9. Patrick O'Bryant, Warriors -- No one is sure why the Warriors didn't pick up his option. He's big, he showed promise in training camp and he was their No. 9 pick in the 2006 draft. In limited action he has shown he can play. Someone else will find out for sure.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Diop can rebound and defend, so he's a guy I would look at bringing in. The thing with Diop though is that he's probably a 20 MPG player at the most.

The problem is that he's going to cost you the MLE. They're will be plenty of suitors for Diop at that price range, and I doubt he chooses Atlanta.

The Hawks need to be looking for trades to bring in a veteran center. Brad Miller is an option IMO.

Quote:

9. Patrick O'Bryant, Warriors -- No one is sure why the Warriors didn't pick up his option. He's big, he showed promise in training camp and he was their No. 9 pick in the 2006 draft. In limited action he has shown he can play. Someone else will find out for sure.

Nelly doesn't play bigs, period.