• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Woody = Dennis Felton

TheNorthCydeRises

He came to the program with it in a complete mess.

He's not the best Xs and Os guys in the world.

Like the Hawks, his team had to play 2 games in one day ( although they actually played 2 FULL games today, and won both of them )

He probably should be fired after the SEC tournament.

But his guys didn't quit on him, and Georgia now finds themselves in the SEC championship game tomorrow .. against one of the 4 teams that they happened to beat in the SEC, Arkansas.

LOL . . and if the SEC decides to sell tickets to tomorrow's game, it'll be a virtual home game for the Bulldogs, in of all places, at Georgia Tech.

Dennis Felton is the college version of Woody. A guy, despite all of his shortcomings, can still get his guys to play hard, even when everyone else has given up on them.

Quote:

Like the Hawks, his team had to play 2 games in one day ( although they actually played 2 FULL games today, and won both of them )

He probably should be fired after the SEC tournament.

But his guys didn't quit on him, and Georgia now finds themselves in the SEC championship game tomorrow .. against one of the 4 teams that they happened to beat in the SEC, Arkansas.

LOL . . and if the SEC decides to sell tickets to tomorrow's game, it'll be a virtual home game for the Bulldogs, in of all places, at Georgia Tech.

Dennis Felton is the college version of Woody. A guy, despite all of his shortcomings, can still get his guys to play hard, even when everyone else has given up on them.

Ummmm... why should he be fired? Didn't he come to Georgia after they had all those violations and were stripped of scholarships? Correct me if im wrong.

Guest Walter

Quote:

I would wager that Felton is a better Xs and Os guy than Woody regardless of level of play. Two late in bounds after timeouts for the Dawgs under their basket. Two nearly uncontested layups against the Hogs.

Felton also won for the Dawgs last year and has a .500 record overall. Woody, eh hem, not so.

I was on the fence about Felton until this unbelievable tourney run. I still wouldn't extend him any further but I certainly would keep him and might even raise his pay (rather than extend him as a "vote of confidence). He won the cleanest, hardest way imaginable.

W

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

I would wager that Felton is a better Xs and Os guy than Woody regardless of level of play. Two late in bounds after timeouts for the Dawgs under their basket. Two nearly uncontested layups against the Hogs.

Felton also won for the Dawgs last year and has a .500 record overall. Woody, eh hem, not so.

I was on the fence about Felton until this unbelievable tourney run. I still wouldn't extend him any further but I certainly would keep him and might even raise his pay (rather than extend him as a "vote of confidence). He won the cleanest, hardest way imaginable.

W

I agree with Walt's post. I would much rather have Felton running my team than Woodson. I think the jury is still out on Felton after the junk this team went through this year.

I commend Felton for having the stones to dismiss two of the top players from his program for what he felt was 'conduct detrimental to the team,' especially in a year where he knew coming in he would be under scrutiny for the performance of the team. I doubt there are too many coaches in D-1 basketball that would take that strong of a stance on player misconduct when their job was on the line.

What a breath of fresh air after Harrick. Keep in mind also that this was not a normal rebuild, he inherited this program in absolute shambles. He had no reputation to recruit behind and he had scholarship reductions to deal with.

I thought going in to this tourney that he should have at least gotten another year. Judging from interviews, I don't think Evans wanted to fire the guy at all, but was being pressured to. I am sure he is as happy as anyone at the turn of events this past weekend. Really nice story, I would have loved to be in that locker room postgame...

Guest Walter

Quote:

I commend Felton for having the stones to dismiss two of the top players from his program for what he felt was 'conduct detrimental to the team,' especially in a year where he knew coming in he would be under scrutiny for the performance of the team. I doubt there are too many coaches in D-1 basketball that would take that strong of a stance on player misconduct when their job was on the line.

What a breath of fresh air after Harrick. Keep in mind also that this was not a normal rebuild, he inherited this program in absolute shambles. He had no reputation to recruit behind and he had scholarship reductions to deal with.

I thought going in to this tourney that he should have at least gotten another year. Judging from interviews, I don't think Evans wanted to fire the guy at all, but was being pressured to. I am sure he is as happy as anyone at the turn of events this past weekend. Really nice story, I would have loved to be in that locker room postgame...

Unless you are a team on the bubble that didn't make it, the GA story is pretty uplifting. I'm hoping that Felton not only recruits better, but recruits better people since both players he (apparently correctly) kicked off the team this year were his recruits. We'll see how he fares next year without Gaines. But at least he gets a next year to prove himself.

W

I hope this is the beginning of respectabilty for the Dawgs. Woodbury finally played close to his potenial. At 6'6'' with his range and athelticsm he shoud dominate at the college level. He seems to have te same aggression problems as Marvin Williams.

Woodbury and Humphries will need to have good senior seasons to lead the Dawgsnet season. Humphries can score when healthy but was hurt much of the year

Will the 270 lb freshman, Price, mature ?

Will Albert Jackson find some inside touch ?

Can Swansey handle the PG postion full time. ?

The Dawgs have the #30 prospect in the nation coming in next year for some immediate help according to Rivals.com. / Howard Thompkins

Check him out:

http://rivalshoops.rivals.com/viewprospect...mp;pr_key=41981

Quote:

I hope this is the beginning of respectabilty for the Dawgs. Woodbury finally played close to his potenial. At 6'6'' with his range and athelticsm he shoud dominate at the college level. He seems to have te same aggression problems as Marvin Williams.

Woodbury and Humphries will need to have good senior seasons to lead the Dawgsnet season. Humphries can score when healthy but was hurt much of the year

Will the 270 lb freshman, Price, mature ?

Will Albert Jackson find some inside touch ?

Can Swansey handle the PG postion full time. ?

The Dawgs have the #30 prospect in the nation coming in next year for some immediate help according to Rivals.com. / Howard Thompkins

Check him out:

http://rivalshoops.rivals.com/viewprospect...=2&pr_key=41981

I imagine Price will be better, more mature. Price was studly as a High School Sophmore. He was coached well. He is projected to be a top PF. Zac has been in high level ball for a while also. When you have guys from Columbia, Mays, Tucker and ect... those guys are well coached. And guys from Dunwoody, Norcross, Wheeler and such are very talented. The challenge as allways is to bring in the better "in-state" guys at UGA and Tech. Georgia has social distractions and Tech has academic standards to battles.

• Moderators

Quote:

The challenge as allways is to bring in the better "in-state" guys at UGA and Tech. Georgia has social distractions and Tech has academic standards to battles.

The social distractions should be a recruiting asset, though!