• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Say what you want about Woody, but...

DavidSomerset

In all seriousness, I have been pretty down on our guys' recent "effort" culminating probably with this recent West Coast losing swing. However, since probably the Clippers game, our effort and hunger seems to be back. I think it was in a serious lull due to our tough schedule, recent losing ways, and rumors about BK trying to fire Woody. Seems now the guys know he is going to at least finish the season, so they might as well play hard again.

I would not say getting his guys motivated is a Woody strength but I wouldn't say it is really a weakness either. I find it hard to say anything more positive than that.

Quote:

Quote:

Dang do his players play hard for him every night.

That is the one advantage we have over just about any team in the league...Our players ALWAYS play hard for their coach.

I hope you're joking, too

Nope I am absolutely serious.

Just look how hard our guys play compared to watching other teams...Sometimes the NBA can just be painful because the players are so lazy.

we're just such a psychologically weak team. which is why when the losing begins it's so hard to stop. it's also why we play such a ridiculously bad road record. i don't know that woody is fully to blame for this, a lot of it is personnel, but he sure doesn't help it much.

Sekou had an interesting point about this in his last blog when he talked about the time off around xmas causing them to over think their winning ways and cause the fall off.

luckily they seem to be breaking through that with some easier competition and should be able to close out strong.

plus as much as I have begged for his firing, next time we play the Pistons watch all Pistons come over and give Woody good words. It's more than Woody helped assist there championships, guys like Rashweed and Billips truly respect Woodson and allways talk very high of him.

Quote:

plus as much as I have begged for his firing, next time we play the Pistons watch all Pistons come over and give Woody good words. It's more than Woody helped assist there championships, guys like Rashweed and Billips truly respect Woodson and allways talk very high of him.

Woodson may have been a great assisstant, but he is not a great head coach. Anyways, we must be watching two different teams if you think these Hawks play hard night in and night out. And when they do play hard, there's nothing to say they're playing hard for him. I'd want to play hard for myself personally.

Quote:

Dang do his players play hard for him every night.

That is the one advantage we have over just about any team in the league...Our players ALWAYS play hard for their coach.

Not even a month ago this team was basically going through the motions, awaiting the final buzzer. Recently they have been playing harder and smarter. I wouldn't give Woodsoff all the credit for that. I think Bibby's confidence, experience and leadership has something to do with it.

Quote:

Quote:

Woodson may have been a great assisstant, but he is not a great head coach. Anyways, we must be watching two different teams if you think these Hawks play hard night in and night out. And when they do play hard, there's nothing to say they're playing hard for him. I'd want to play hard for myself personally.

NO I never said these Hawks have played hard for Woody. My point being with a vet team , I'd be willing to bet his w/l record would be better than it has for the ATL. By his own admission, we finally have a PG for the first time since he has been here. He is old school, and would be better suited for a vet team. Now if we fade away these last 15, i will be callign for his head with everyone else but lets see how how he does these last 15. This is year 4 of the rebuild we need to make th eplayoffs thi year

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

NO I never said these Hawks have played hard for Woody. My point being with a vet team , I'd be willing to bet his w/l record would be better than it has for the ATL. By his own admission, we finally have a PG for the first time since he has been here. He is old school, and would be better suited for a vet team. Now if we fade away these last 15, i will be callign for his head with everyone else but lets see how how he does these last 15. This is year 4 of the rebuild we need to make th eplayoffs thi year

The second part of my post was directed towards the OP. My bad.