• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

offseason move we must make

adrian

Guest Walter

Quote:

I can go for this but again, we still lack superstars. Hoping that a center isn't far off from being one makes up for it.

W

Let me amend this. When I posted about our not having two players that were good enough for us to be a top 10 team much less a contender one of the responses argued that perhaps this statistical review should include a team's top 3 players. With JS, JJ, and JC as our top 3 our Roland Rating average for them is 4.07. With Maggette, JS, and Kaman our Roland Rating is 4.93. That's 1 point greater than our current top 3 Roland Rating. Of course we'd still be a ways off, but closer with more positions covered.

W

Guest Walter

Quote:

You included a draft pick in there... If it was just Zaza/JJ for those two I probably would do it. (Clipper's wouldn't ever).

They would do JJ for Magette straight up probably... but no way I do that.

Hmm? Seems like you made the case for including the draft pick for me with your own internal argument. JJ for Maggette isn't remotely fair to us (especially considering they may not want Maggette with the play of Thorton). Kaman/Maggette for JJ isn't remotely fair for them. Hmm? What would make it fair? A 1st rd pick from us? BRILLIANT! LOL Actually, I think they'd also want their center position filled which is why I included ZaZa. Not a bad fit next to Brand.

W

Quote:

What the heck has Kaman ever done beside have ONE HALF of a good season on a sorry team where he was the primary offensive option????

You could actually say the same thing about Smoove ( as a pseudo-2nd option ), or Andrew Bynum ( who looked damn good as the starter for about a month and a half ).

Quote:

This guy is another Dampier waiting to happen.

Only if he is injury-prone all the time. Kaman was better than Dampier as soon as he stepped into the league. Personally, my first choice would be to go after Brand. But Kaman has already taken a leap as a player, that Dampier nevr took.

This is all pipe dream talk anyway. The Clippers would be complete idiots to trade Kaman.

Quote:

With JS, JJ, and JC as our top 3 [our Roland Rating average for them is 4.07.
With Maggette, JS, and Kaman our Roland Rating is 4.93. That's 1 point greater than our current top 3 Roland Rating. Of course we'd still be a ways off, but closer with more positions covered.

W

[*]

Smoove, JJ, and Chill are our top 3 players? Really?