• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

offseason move we must make

adrian

Kaman for smoove. Ok I absolutely love smoove but this really upgrades our D. How, you say well, they average about the same blocks right , well this way we wont allow nearly as many easy lay ins/ dunks. Horford moves to pf marvin to sf. Smoove is a good weakside defender but kaman really would make us a top 5 eastern conferance team. kaman averages about same points more boards about same points

god are you stupid go to nba.com and look at the blocks and rebounding leaders kaman is top 5 in both catergories how all those defensive boards and blocks equate to no D i dont know guy in case you want to say this unfair due to age theres just a 4 year differance

Wow, what an immature response from an equally immature poster. You obviously don't know what defense really is after making such an outlandish post. For example, just because Smoove is #2 in the league in blocked shots and rebounds well does NOT mean he is a great overall defender. He is an awesome WEAK SIDE defender, but he doesnt play great defense one-on-one. Kaman is the same way. Analysts have said it time and time again. If you dont realize that just looking at a stat sheet and creaming your pants just because a player is great at rebounding and blocks, and then automatically assuming he plays great D, then you cant be helped.

The real reason this trade will never happen...MONEY!

Kaman has 0 marketing ability. I know you're thinking in terms of winning, but the ownership also thinks in terms of additional sales. This team will have national games next year, because of their play this year. No playoffs and no more than 5 games...Playoffs and somewhere between 10 and 20 depending upon how far they go and how they compete.

After people are reminded of Josh's abilities, his marketability will go up which means more money for the ASG. Kaman on national tv gets you nothing.

Now of course winning gets you more national tv, but look at Detroit...for other reasons as well you keep Rasheed and not Ben, due to marketability. Other than the hair, Ben has no marketing ability. Rasheed has a much more marketable personality than Ben. No one else on that team has any personality.

Joe and Josh are the most marketable players we have, so they won't be going anywhere. Al will join them in that cat next year.

Quote:

The real reason this trade will never happen...MONEY!

Kaman has 0 marketing ability. I know you're thinking in terms of winning, but the ownership also thinks in terms of additional sales. This team will have national games next year, because of their play this year. No playoffs and no more than 5 games...Playoffs and somewhere between 10 and 20 depending upon how far they go and how they compete.

After people are reminded of Josh's abilities, his marketability will go up which means more money for the ASG. Kaman on national tv gets you nothing.

Now of course winning gets you more national tv,
but look at Detroit...for other reasons as well you keep Rasheed and not Ben, due to marketability. Other than the hair, Ben has no marketing ability. Rasheed has a much more marketable personality than Ben. No one else on that team has any personality.

Joe and Josh are the most marketable players we have, so they won't be going anywhere. Al will join them in that cat next year.

Wow.

Big Ben was EASILY the most popular and marketable player for the Pistons. I didn't see people painting white patches in their head in honor of Rasheed. But they wore the fros all the time. And when they won the title, Rasheed was the final piece they needed, but Big Ben was the anchor to everything that team done. Many considered him the Pistons' most important piece. Remember, tjat guy was a DOMINANT rebounder and a perennial favorite to win Defensive Player of the Year for about 3 seasons.

Good premise, HORRIBLE example.

Big Ben was moved, because he was starting to get sorry. It had nothing to do with marketibility.

And if a deal ever came up Kaman for Smoove, you don't even think twice about not making that deal. Remember, the guy who would be replacing Smoove, is Horford.

Kaman instantly gives us a low post threat on offense, and a highly efficent rebounder on both ends of the floor. Most of all, he's a TRUE center that enables Horford to play the 4. With Kaman beside him, Al might blow up like a nuclear bomb.

Teams wouldn't be able to afford to double JJ, because Kaman would KILL THEM inside. Double Kaman in the post, and he kicks it out to JJ, Bibby or Marvin.

That move would perfectly balance out this team.

Quote:

I want a legit 7 footer as much as the next guy but I got two words for this one.

NO THANKS !

what the hell is a legit 7 footer in your mind. this guy is a textbook example. shot blocking shot making rebounding machine and he can hit a midrange j and he is a top 5 shotblocker. not all white guys are like zaza.

Quote:

not all white guys are like zaza.

Haha, that was awesome. You right, because you can't get much worse than the softy Zaza.

At any rate, I love what Kaman could do for us offensively, but he doesnt help our lack of interior defense AT ALL. We are not the Lakers who could get by on playing a defensively-challenge big man in the middle (like they were doing Gasol until he got hurt).

Quote:

thank you and forget marketing we dont have merchandise outside phillips this would be an awesome trade for both teams and remember kaman is only 26

You're right about that. LOL @ marketing. yi would've been the pick, instead of Horford, if the Hawks were that concerned about marketing.

I just wonder how mank Hawks jerseys are able to be bought in a store outside of metro Atlanta. I sure can't find any in Tennessee. The white JJ and blue Horford jersey were both bought @ Philips.

This fan base whines and cries about everything, but they know that this team is flawed just by its makeup. They cry about a center, but would pass up an opportunity to get a guy that many consider to be a top 10, even top 7 center, just to keep Smoove . . a guy that they constantly complain about.

Hell, only D-Howard and Bosh ( when he plays the 5 ) may be a better center than Kaman if he came East.

Kaman would give us the ability to play any style we wanted, and force teams to match up wit us, instead of the other way around.

Smoove is the heart of our team. He probably has the most upside potential on our team. I didn't think Gasol or Jermaine O'Neal were worth giving up Smoove. However, I would give up Smoove for Kaman (or Brand as long as we are talking the Clippers).

With Smoove, Horford, and Marvin we have a unique, athletic frontline. It MIGHT work in the right system or with the right point guard. Doubt we'll ever get either of those. With Kaman we instantly become have a conventional team. I'd do it. The Clippers might also, especially if they lose Brand.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Smoove is the heart of our team. He probably has the most upside potential on our team. I didn't think Gasol or Jermaine O'Neal were worth giving up Smoove. However, I would give up Smoove for Kaman (or Brand as long as we are talking the Clippers).

With Smoove, Horford, and Marvin we have a unique, athletic frontline. It MIGHT work in the right system or with the right point guard. Doubt we'll ever get either of those. With Kaman we instantly become have a conventional team. I'd do it. The Clippers might also, especially if they lose Brand.

What the heck has Kaman ever done beside have ONE HALF of a good season on a sorry team where he was the primary offensive option????

This guy is another Dampier waiting to happen.

Guest Walter

Quote:

I'd go for JSmith and Marvin for Kamen, Maggette and their 2nd round pick.

I think this would "even out" both teams from a positional perspective. With LAC likely to resign Brand and pair him with JJ, Thorton representing a 3rd scorer given more PT in the absence of Maggette...We would have a bad ass frontline with Kaman, Horford, and JS.

I'd play Maggette at 2 guard for us.

W

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

I'd go for JSmith and Marvin for Kamen, Maggette and their 2nd round pick.

I think this would "even out" both teams from a positional perspective. With LAC likely to resign Brand and pair him with JJ, Thorton representing a 3rd scorer given more PT in the absence of Maggette...We would have a bad ass frontline with Kaman, Horford, and JS.

I'd play Maggette at 2 guard for us.

W

Yeah that daunted Maggette/Kaman combo has really worked out for the clips this year pillepalle.gif

Guest Walter

Quote:

Yeah that daunted Maggette/Kaman combo has really worked out for the clips this year
pillepalle.gif

As has our JJ/ZaZa combo.

Hey, I'm the first to say BK has dug this franchise in a god-forsaken hole we likely cannot trade our way out of, but that might be the ONLY way out of it possible.

Lineup

Kaman/Horford

Horford/JS

JS/MW

Maggette/Childress???????? (likely a cheaper replacement)

Bibby/Law

I can go for this but again, we still lack superstars. Hoping that a center isn't far off from being one makes up for it.

W

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

Yeah that daunted Maggette/Kaman combo has really worked out for the clips this year
pillepalle.gif

As has our JJ/ZaZa combo.

Hey, I'm the first to say BK has dug this franchise in a god-forsaken hole we likely cannot trade our way out of, but that might be the ONLY way out of it possible.

Lineup

Kaman/Horford

Horford/JS

JS/MW

Maggette/Childress???????? (likely a cheaper replacement)

Bibby/Law

I can go for this but again, we still lack superstars. Hoping that a center isn't far off from being one makes up for it.

W

You included a draft pick in there... If it was just Zaza/JJ for those two I probably would do it. (Clipper's wouldn't ever).

They would do JJ for Magette straight up probably... but no way I do that.