• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Raising their games

Swatguy

in defensive rebounding ratio. They obviously need help on the defensive glass since they are undersized.

Childress is tops in the league in offensive rebounding for wing players but he sucks at defensive rebounding. He averages only 2.9 which is terrible for a guy who plays most of his minutes at the 3. For comparison..

Dunleavy 4.5 defensive rebounds per game

JRich 4.3

Mike Miller 6.0

These guys are starting 2s.

Childress can get defensive rebounds when he actually tries. Problem is he doesn't try very often. We are getting killed on second chance points. There is no way that he should be getting so few defensive rebounds.

I find this thread ridiculous. Childress is one of the most productive and consistent players the hawks have, and is happy to do whatever is asked of him. He's not perfect or an all-star, but he's one of our best. Marvin is up and down, his game needs growth, but I'm okay with his effort. I want him and all the Hawks to do well.

Why must every compliment to one Hawk require the put down of another?

Quote:

...We curretntly have an 8-man rotation with Chill, Zaza, and Law. Chill is the super-sub that logs 25 - 30 minutes a game on most nights. Zaza will get 10 - 18 minutes. Law will get 7 - 15 minutes.

Woody will occasionally throw West into the game at the end of the 1st half, just to give JJ an extra minute of rest.

But Doc, you watch this team. You know the offense goes to ish when JJ is out of the game. You know the defense does the same thing when Smoove is out.

JJ MUST play 40 minutes a night in order for this team to compete, let alone win. And I would rather have either Chill or even Law in the game for JJ, before Salim.

Everybody CAN'T play, and they shouldn't play. Now, more than ever, should the rotation be shortened. It's going to be these next few games coming up, that will determine our playoff fate....

Exactly right ncyde...this isn't December. If the Hawks are going to make the playoffs this year (an admirable goal IMO), it's gonna take all we got from our best 7 or 8 players. Any playing time for the others will be the product of foul troubles.

Would I like to have a fresh and fully healthy team to go into the playoffs with? SURE! But we are on the razor's edge as far as just making it to the playoffs. In reality we will be playing the Celtics...so it won't matter that much anyway. Besides, JJ is in great shape, Bibby has looked good (pray for that thumb), and the rest of the guys are young. They will do their best against Boston (IF we get there).

You are exactly right with your comments, it's crazy that someone has to down a player to compliment another player.

Now that I think about it, during the Mookie, Smitty, Deke era we were horrible offensively and it's all Deke's fault, if we could have replaced him with a C that couldl score we would have been a great team.

Quote:

You are exactly right with your comments, it's crazy that someone has to down a player to compliment another player.

Now that I think about it, during the Mookie, Smitty, Deke era we were horrible offensively and it's all Deke's fault, if we could have replaced him with a C that couldl score we would have been a great team.

After the last Chicago game there were probably 50 posts trashing Marvin. You won't see hardly any dogging Childress even though he was garbage tonight.

Ex, should Josh leave this team, making all your lollipop dreams and cotton candy wishes come true, who will you have a hard on for then? PLEASE tell me. Because as far as I can see, you relish in your own misery, and it brings you great joy to point out your percieved shortcomings of a select few, especially Chill. Do you ever sit and analyze your own shortcomings? Perhaps an engagement with your own ego or private hell (take your pick) will allow you the growth and insight necessary for non-rhetorical and redundant opinion, which you so eloquently (not) lay out for us week after week.

Squawkers, I guarantee that no matter who is playing for this team, Ex will make it his biz to ride at least ONE player like a Pacific Ocean wave. Why? Because thats his steez.

I repeat that Chill may be the most consistent Hawk. He's a basketball player. He may not be the best perimeter shooter, but he's clearly a superior offensive rebounder. He lifts the team's overall energy virtually everytime he enters a game. On the perimeter, he has hit some big three point shots during his career, including the last win over the Bucks. And he had a huge defensive rebound late in tonight's game over Chicago's center, which while he might not meet everyone's hope for defensive rebounding stats, show's that he has a knack for making timely plays. Sure he missed a couple of freebies, but that happens to most every player on occasion.

I like Marvin, hope he continues to progress and think he can do so. But based on what each player consistently delivers today, I think Chill is better. I think Marvin's upside potential is higher, but he has yet to make a quantum leap towards his potential.

Let's support both of them while they're on this team. If either or both of them leaves, I'll wish them success - - as long as they're not successful at the expense of the Hawks.