• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

My entry made it into the vent section

Plainview1981

Quote:

http://projects.ajc.com/vent/sports/

"The NBA sucks because a mediocre team makes the playoffs??? You mean people believe this is actually a first? Atlanta sports fans are idiots. Look at the west and tell me how “bad” the NBA is. Tools!"

You are a fountain of light that in a world full of despair gives me great hope for a better future. {/sarcasm}

Do you even realize that you just called yourself an idiot?

I only care about the Hawks, so I wouldn't call myself an Atlanta sports fan really. I could care less if the Braves, Thrashers, or Falcons won the championship or finish in last place. Atlanta people should stick to talking about NASCAR and the steroid filled MLB. How can anybody watch a league where basically every achievement the last two decades has an * next to it?

• Premium Member

Quote:

Do you even realize that you just called yourself an idiot?

I only care about the Hawks, so I wouldn't call myself an Atlanta sports fan really. I could care less if the Braves, Thrashers, or Falcons won the championship or finish in last place. Atlanta people should stick to talking about NASCAR and the steroid filled MLB. How can anybody watch a league where basically every achievement the last two decades has an * next to it?

Well the NBA has had it's share of off-court problems to do with chemical dependence as well as other issues so I would be careful how you characterize the "other" sports.

The way I look at it is with baseball you have the live ball era, before that you had the really old stuff, and now you have the steroid era. You can't really compare stuff from the last 20 years to the old guys, but you can compare them to each other.

I'm not a huge baseball fan, but that's how I look at it. It's not the first time you couldn't compare one era to another. Stuff changes.

• Moderators

Quote:

The way I look at it is with baseball you have the live ball era, before that you had the really old stuff, and now you have the steroid era. You can't really compare stuff from the last 20 years to the old guys, but you can compare them to each other.

I'm not a huge baseball fan, but that's how I look at it. It's not the first time you couldn't compare one era to another. Stuff changes.

The problem is that there were clean players during the steroid era and taking that view just compares Bonds to Griffey without making adjustment for the juicy juice (not that Bonds wouldn't have come out ahead on that one anyway since he was a first ballot HOF without the PEDs but you know what I am saying).

Yeah, I'll give you that, but I don't think it's that hard to tell who was and wasn't on steroids even if there isn't any hard evidence.

That said, Griffey is better than Bonds, steroids or not. Dude would have hit 800+ if he had staid healthy.

Do you really think Griffey isn't a first ballot HOF?