Brotha2ThaNite

Here is what we are looking at...

Code:

W       L      GB     

x-Philadelphia 39 38 22 ½ -

x-Toronto 38 39 23 ½ 1

Atlanta 36 41 25 ½ 3

Hawks

Apr 8 @ Indiana------W(We must play this game hard)

Apr 11 @ NY Knicks------W(We must play this game hard)

Apr 12 Boston------W (Big 3 will be on the bench)

Apr 15 Orlando------W (hope they rest their players too)

Apr 16 @ Miami------W

Philly needs to lose 3 (we are 3-1 against them)

Philly

Wed, Apr 9 Detroit------L

Fri, Apr 11 Indiana------W (I hope they lose this game)

Sat, Apr 12 @ Washington------L

Mon, Apr 14 Cleveland------L

Wed, Apr 16 @ Charlotte------W

Toronto needs to lose 3

Toronto

Wed, Apr 9 Milwaukee------W(I hope they lose this game)

Fri, Apr 11 New Jersey------W(I hope they lose this game)

Sun, Apr 13 @ Detroit------L(They may win this game)

Mon, Apr 14 Miami------W

Wed, Apr 16 @ Chicago------L

It will be difficult to get either the 6th/7th.

But yeah 5-0 and 2-3 for one/two of those teams would do it.

Im not getting my hopes up. But if we are gong to have a shot, then the next game may be the one that makes or breaks our chances assuming Boston/Orlando rest their starters.

I know we can beat the Knicks and Heat

• Premium Member

Quote:

Im not getting my hopes up. But if we are gong to have a shot, then the next game may be the one that makes or breaks our chances
assuming Boston/Orlando rest their starters.

This is what Hots is talking about! Even the most dedicated Hawks fans don't think that the Hawks have a chance against a quality team unless they are missing starters. Philadelphia fans don't feel like this! I wonder why?

maybe it's because historically the Hawks are one of the most forlorn franchises in the league, and have not even sniffed the playoffs for nearly a decade...

maybe that might have something to do with it.

But yeah I am feeling the way this team is coming together. They aren't getting enough love from the board.

Quote:

maybe it's because historically the Hawks are one of the most forlorn franchises in the league, and have not even sniffed the playoffs for nearly a decade...

maybe that might have something to do with it.

But yeah I am feeling the way this team is coming together. They aren't getting enough love from the board.

It's not that... surprise team have been to the conference finals before (I think the Bulls come to mind)... but with a coach like Woodson... there's no hope for advancement. I'm just happy to get the 8th spot and see the Hawks play nationally.

Quote:

Quote:

Im not getting my hopes up. But if we are gong to have a shot, then the next game may be the one that makes or breaks our chances

This is what Hots is talking about! Even the most dedicated Hawks fans don't think that the Hawks have a chance against a quality team unless they are missing starters. Philadelphia fans don't feel like this! I wonder why?

I think you are reading to much into what i'm saying...

NO TEAM! NO TEAM's fans wants to see their team playing Det/Bost. Phx, Lakers, N.O. NO TEAM. Not when they want an easier route in the playoff. That is just logic. They are not the best teams for nothing. If the Hawks have to play either team in the playoff. I'm not one of those fans who would just say, "Ok, we are going to get bashed!" I'm not that way. I believe in my team no matter who they face. Now the coach is another thing. lol

I bet you the Raptors and Philly fans think the same thing. Why, because they are young teams too.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I think you are reading to much into what i'm saying...

NO TEAM! NO TEAM's fans wants to see their team playing Det/Bost. Phx, Lakers, N.O. NO TEAM. Not when they want an easier route in the playoff. That is just logic. They are not the best teams for nothing. If the Hawks have to play either team in the playoff. I'm not one of those fans who would just say, "Ok, we are going to get bashed!" I'm not that way. I believe in my team no matter who they face. Now the coach is another thing. lol

I bet you the Raptors and Philly fans think the same thing. Why, because they are young teams too.

I was referring to the highlighted area in your statement that says that we have a chance at beating Orlando and Boston in the regular season if they rest their starters

Quote:

Of course it's POSSIBLE, but I don't think it's PROBABLE that we win 5 straight including Boston and Orlando at full strength.

We would have a much better shot if at least one of those teams (preferrably Boston) is resting their starters.

But honestly this next game is the one to worry about.

Quote:

Quote:

If the hawks can't beat Indy at this point in the season then they don't belong in the playoffs

I wonder if thats what Philly fans said? This is the NBA which means any team can get beat at any time of the year.

You are not understanding the point. They guy is saying we are a young team, only 2 players (JJ/Bibby) have been to the playoff and knows for sure what to do at times like this... which mean we can take some games too lightly.

You act like we have been a great team for years... wink.gif

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

If the hawks can't beat Indy at this point in the season then they don't belong in the playoffs

I wonder if thats what Philly fans said? This is the NBA which means any team can get beat at any time of the year.

You are not understanding the point. They guy is saying we are a young team, only 2 players (JJ/Bibby) have been to the playoff and knows for sure what to do at times like this... which mean we can take some games too lightly.

I'm saying that I am giving the team more credit than you because of their recent play. They look like they know what they are doing now compared to what they looked like in the beginning of the season.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I'm saying that I am giving the team more credit than you because of their recent play. They look like they know what they are doing now compared to what they looked like in the beginning of the season.

sound like to me is that you were giving up on the teams playoff hope just because they let the Pacers beat them.

• Premium Member

Quote:

sound like to me is that you were giving up on the teams playoff hope just because they let the Pacers beat them.

No I said that they don't belong with the other playoff caliber teams like Boston, Detroit and Philly if they can't beat Indy at this stage in the season. They will win because they are better than Indy now!

Quote:

Quote:

No I said that they don't belong with the other playoff caliber teams like Boston, Detroit and Philly if they can't beat Indy at this stage in the season. They will win because they are better than Indy now!

Again... what you are saying have no legs to me. We have won 3-out 4 games against Philly. So, if we lose against Indy we don't belong but Philly is a playoff caliber even thou they have lost 3 out of 4 to us. lol

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Again... what you are saying have no legs to me. We have won 3-out 4 games against Philly. So, if we lose against Indy we don't belong but Philly is a playoff caliber even thou they have lost 3 out of 4 to us. lol

Did you miss the part about at this stage in the season?

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Did you miss the part about at this stage in the season?

No, I did not but what does that really mean. It can mean anything. The last 3 games, last 5 games, last 10 games or after the All-Star Break.

It still doesn’t matter. If the Hawk gets in the playoff means they do deserve to be there. I don’t care if they lose to Indy or Miami. The Playoffs is a new season and anything can happen.