My thoughts about our future.......

Hawksman

Everybody right now is furious about the sale not going down at the end of June. I think different though. David McDavid is a professional and he knows how to handle this kind of situation. I know he is going to be a great improvement to this franchise. He WILL bring fans back to see the Hawks. He WILL correct our problems. He is the guy we have been waiting for, he is our savior. He knows what this franchise needs and he is excited about this team. He is studying Mark Cuban and Arthur Blank. That means he wants to make this a fun team. I think we got two gems in Diaw and Hansen, and I think they will help us a lot in the future. In fact, I think they can help us right away. I do not know what you guys think but McDavid is going to make all of these talented players we have fit together when he owns the team. GO HAWKS!!

I agree somewhat with what you are saying. The way I feel and the things IMO that should be done are as follows:

1. Resign JT - This is his team, he is an extremely talented player and posseses one of the leagues best shots and speed. He is as quick as a rabbit. Our heart and soul with great charisma.

2. Resign Dion, DJ or Ira - we definitely need one of these 3 guys back in Atlanta, unless we are planning to sign a 2 guard better than them.

3. Get rid of Big Dog - he is our only negative player in this team

I believewe need to do these 3 things in the offseason to start off the season.

I think the priorities should be...

1.JT

2.Decisions on Ira, Glove, and DJ

3.Getting the sale done.

4.Coach.

The reason i put coach last is that pretty much every team, with the exception of LAC has a coach in place. We still have 2 top guys to choose from. And knowing the Clips they probably won't choose either one. JT is the biggest piece of the team, so we do need to get that done. The sale is beyond anyone's control, but we still can decide on our role players while that's going on. All in all, I hope all 4 of these issues are addressed by August 1...

Yeah it SHOULD be #1. It should've been a past issue as a matter of fact, but the longer we wait the more suitors JT will have. Sometimes it takes some balls to get things done. If McDavid knows anything about basketball and the Atlanta Hawks, he knows that keeping JT is important...

To do list...

1. Finalize the sale. - Nothing can really be done without this.

2. Sign JT. - He is the spirit of the team. He just needs to be told this. He shouldn't think that this is SAR's or GRob's or Theo's team. It is his.

3. Sign Stotts. - He was proving himself the last part of this season and I'd hate to lose him like we lost what's his name.

4. Sign DJ. Allow DG & Newble to leave. We have Diaw & Hansen now, they need the PT. DJ may or may not work out, but I'm hoping he does.

5. GRob. - I will even give him the benefit of a doubt. I say we keep him for now. If, by half-way through the season, he doesn't prove to us that he can play our style of ball, we shop him. If he does prove to us that he can work with the team, we keep him throughout his contract.

JT/DD

Diaw/DJ/Hansen

GRob/Diaw/CC

SAR/Hendu

Theo/Nazr