• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

JJ: "We didn’t play hard, so we get our (a) beat"

HAWKS1986

ZaZa had a terrible performance going 0-4 in 23 minutes..

Marvin took a lot of shots, but was a not factor..

And when Bibby is held to 2 points that is never a good thing..

People on this board may diss Mario West, but he needed to play 15 minutes last night and let him guard Dunleavy and harass and disrupt him..

Joe Johnson can't do it all, and Coach Woodson has use his BENCH.. trust his BENCH a little more..

And Al Horford playing less than 20 minutes is unacceptable, but if Big AL was in foul trouble then TRUST Solo to play 10 minutes of at least good D..with ZaZa the defensive presence is severely compromised

the problem with not having a bench, or at least not having a bench that your coach trusts, is that over the course of 82 games, your starters are bound to come out flat from time to time, esp when the starters are as young and as overworked as our starters are.

when you have 10 guys who can play, you can run that 2nd five out there, who should always be ready to go because they are rested and want to jump at the chance of getting extra tick. They can really give you a lift and trim the deficit some. Then after the starters realize they have to play a basketball game, they can come back in refocused and try to take the game back.

In our case, we just look horrible for 3 quarters and by the time guys are ready to play we are down 30. I dont know if it's because the bench is that bad or if it's Woodson's fault for not trusting them. Probably both.

I would much rather see Solo work into the rotation than Zaza at this point. He can't be any worse. I just don't understand what Woody sees in him.

Quote:

Solo sucks. He cant shoot, rebounds slips out of his hands and he cant defend without fouling.

From your opinions regarding player personnel, it is pretty easy to take anything you say with a grain of salt...

At any rate, in a blowout game like that, Solo, Acie, and even Mario should have jumped into the game. But then again, they can't check themselves into the game...

If we make the playoffs, it's only going to get worse. He will play his bench even less, and guys like Pachulia will get even more minutes when he does have to call on said bench.

Quote:

Quote:

Solo sucks. He cant shoot, rebounds slips out of his hands and he cant defend without fouling.

From your opinions regarding player personnel, it is pretty easy to take anything you say with a grain of salt...

At any rate, in a blowout game like that, Solo, Acie, and even Mario should have jumped into the game. But then again, they can't check themselves into the game...

If we make the playoffs, it's only going to get worse. He will play his bench even less, and guys like Pachulia will get even more minutes when he does have to call on said bench.

They got it down to 10 points with 2 minutes or so left. That is the time to suck in deep down and finish. We had two forced shots (I think JSmith) and a turnover then allowed an open three. 10 down to 17 down in 25 minutes. So as blowout as it was, we were in position to take the game.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

They got it down to 10 points with 2 minutes or so left. That is the time to suck in deep down and finish. We had two forced shots (I think JSmith) and a turnover then allowed an open three. 10 down to 17 down in 25 minutes. So as blowout as it was, we were in position to take the game.

From what I understand, we werent in "position" to take ANYTHING until late in the 3rd early in the 4th. That does NOT absolve Woodson of not playing some of those guys like Acie and Solo more. Period.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

From what I understand, we werent in "position" to take ANYTHING until late in the 3rd early in the 4th. That does NOT absolve Woodson of not playing some of those guys like Acie and Solo more. Period.

From what you understand? Did you watch the game? It is not the time for development. Acie has been a major disappointment and has not shown a difference. Solomon is still a major project. The guys that made the run (Bibby exception) were the guys that dug the hole. It is fitting that they were allowed to shoulder the burden of getting us back into the game.

I suggest you watch the game as so your comments will be valid.

P.S. JJ was a Man in that 4th quarter.

Quote:

...Joe Johnson can't do it all, and Coach Woodson has use his BENCH.. trust his BENCH a little more...

Problem is - the last time Woody trusted his bench (with a 38 point lead or so) - he ended up having to re-insert his starters to close out the win. I would imagine that was the last time Woody will trust his bench this year.

Player development just doesn't seem to be Woody's strong suit. Actually, it's hard to figure out exactly what Woody's strong suit is.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

From what you understand? Did you watch the game? It is not the time for development. Acie has been a major disappointment and has not shown a difference. Solomon is still a major project. The guys that made the run (Bibby exception) were the guys that dug the hole. It is fitting that they were allowed to shoulder the burden of getting us back into the game.

I suggest you watch the game as so your comments will be valid.

P.S. JJ was a Man in that 4th quarter.

No I didnt watch it, but I was able to hear some of it.

Development you say? Now is not the time you assert? Problem is, Solo, and many others that I have talked about time and time again have not been developed. So, now that we need these guys, they aren't ready. Imagine that.

Good point. That is why I carefully worded my post earlier. We really only have 6 capable, NBA ready players on the roster right now. Every one else is either a project (Solomon, AC, can we still put Salim in this category?) a scrub (Zaza), or Mario West.

I would say that even though we cut it to 10, that is still more than arm's length. Indiana controlled that game almost from start, so I would have liked to see our starters get some rest.

And Solo may be bad, but he has yet to get consistent minutes so how can we know? It's hard to get anything done in 2 min. stints. I know one player I have seen plenty of consistent minutes from in the past few years, and that is the man in front of him. Solo cannot possibly be worse than Z. At least he can be a shot-blocking presence and can play above the rim from time to time.

I'm not saying he is a long term answer but he should have gotten an opportunity by now.

his substitutions are erractic and downright dumb at times but there is no way solo or acie should be getting major minutes, IF ANY, during this playoff run. For all the rest they may provide the starters, their talents would hamper the time. A system of sliding chillz to sub the front and backcourt in 2 minute intreval seems like it would work. 8 minutes a quarter for chillz and 2 minutes rest for each startrer (except Horford, who will get subbed by zaza or whoever). Chillz plays starters minutes, anyway. Acie doesn't like to shot and can't stretch the floor. And what CAN solo do beside jump? Having them in the game wouldn't have done anything to help our chances of winning. I'm not one to use players pay against them either but that is why the starters get the big dollars.