• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Salim should stay the primary backup pg

Johnnybravo4

Through the rest of the season and playoffs. He hit yet another 4 point play last night and had an awesome steal. He is the only player on this team that can stick with small penetrating pgs...like Diener last nite.

We need Salim to get consistent minutes. We can't afford to play those "no pg" lineups when Bibby goes to the bench...we get killed everytime. Salim needs to get about 20 mpg, to keep Bibby fresh.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He doesnt need 20 MPG. Maybe more like 10-15. Salim is NOT a PG. Acie is. Acie needs to get some damn PT. It's pathetic that he didnt see the floor AT ALL in that blowout last night. How is that developing a player that is "PG of the future?" Thing is both Salim AND Acie need consistent minutes a game. Period.

woody is too much of an idiot to let salim get more playing!!!!!!!!!!! woody dumb *ss still has not realized bwhen he take bibby out and ask chillz to run the point he is crippling chillz game as well as taking away any 3 pt shooter we have

Keep in mind that Hollinger lives in atlanta and goes to the games.

Quote:

Stoudamire ranked 58th out of 66 shooting guards in assist ratio last season,
doubly bad because he also saw a lot of time at the point
. Most guards who do this at least have a low turnover ratio, but Stoudamire's was nothing to write home about because he forced the action in traffic too often.

Defensively, Stoudamire gave a stronger effort last season but his size is a major impediment. He's better defending the point but can't play that position offensively

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/players/hol...r?playerId=2786

Quote:

Well that settles it then
russian.gif

He just reiterates what I have been saying. He plays decent defense and he turns the ball over when he tries to do too much in traffic. His assist ratio is bad because he was never brought in to be an assist guy.
He was brought in to score period.

Which makes his masonry even more of a problem.

Quote:

Quote:

Regardless he is our best option at backup pg. If he was 50% from the field he would be our starting pg.

Salim as a pg......

uglyhammer.gif

so u rather have chillz as our back up point like woody did in the first half of last nights game. regardless of the fact that it makes chillz game inaffective w/o him being able to to roam the baseline and slash to the basket

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Regardless he is our best option at backup pg. If he was 50% from the field he would be our starting pg.

Salim as a pg......

uglyhammer.gif

so u rather have chillz as our back up point like woody did in the first half of last nights game. regardless of the fact that it makes chillz game inaffective w/o him being able to to roam the baseline and slash to the basket

I don't like the big lineup either. But JB admitted that Salim is just a scorer so that pretty much rules him out as a pg.

We have Acie who can play the point and actually defend the point as well. If Bibby is off we might as well let Acie play more than his usual 5-8 minutes in the first half.

Acie's problem is that he always plays with the bench and you saw what happened when the bench came in during the first half last night.

I dont understand why people still think Salim deserves more playing time???

Salim's CAREER FG% is .405!!! And this year, he is ranked just barely above Lorenzen Wright in FG%:

Josh Childress 57%

Al Horford 50%

Marvin Williams 46%

Josh Smith 46%

Tyronn Lue† 44%

Mario West 44%

Joe Johnson 43%

Anthony Johnson† 43%

Zaza Pachulia 42%

Jeremy Richardson† 41%

Mike Bibby† 41%

Solomon Jones 40%

Acie Law 39%

Shelden Williams† 37%

Salim Stoudamire 35%

Lorenzen Wright† 29%

"The Sniper", my as* smile.gif

Quote:

If you are trying to insinuate that any of those players other than Joe are better shooters than Salim than it is obvious that you don't go to games but merely look at boxscores.

The box scores tell you whether a shot goes in or not and Salims don't go in very often, especially for a designated shooter.

Quote:

If you are trying to insinuate that any of those players other than Joe are better shooters than Salim than it is obvious that you don't go to games but merely look at boxscores.

What if I went to every single game and saw 35% of his shots actually go in. Whats the difference ? this is not a detailed insite that needs "inside" analysis like "efficiency stats or (+/-) stats.

Do the misses look any better if your actually there then they do on TV ? Maybe so, high def is pretty sweet but a miss is still a miss.

Any way, I've been to about 12 games this year. I root for Salim but see him as more of a scorer who needs alot of shots more so then a "pure shooter" who can be effective with fewer shot attempts while shooting a high %.

I wish Salim could be more consistent with his 3 point shooting like the little PG from the Cavs who blew up inthe playoffs last year and then won the MVP of the Rookie / Soph game this year.

Quote:

Quote:

What if I went to every single game and saw 35% of his shots actually go in. Whats the difference ? this is not a detailed insite that needs "inside" analysis like "efficiency stats or (+/-) stats.

Do the misses look any better if your actually there then they do on TV ? Maybe so, high def is pretty sweet but a miss is still a miss.

Any way, I've been to about 12 games this year. I root for Salim but see him as more of a scorer who needs alot of shots more so then a "pure shooter" who can be effective with fewer shot attempts while shooting a high %.

I wish Salim could be more consistent with his 3 point shooting like the little PG from the Cavs who blew up inthe playoffs last year and then won the MVP of the Rookie / Soph game this year.

Daniel "Boobie" Gibson

some of yall are some straight B1TCHES! "he shoots below 40%" who cares what salims field goal percentage is. You ignore the fact that acie doesnt know what to do when he comes in the game, you ignore the fact that when salims comes in NOT IN GARBAGE TIME he plays calmly. No, salim is not a point guard BUT he gives us a better chance than chills AND acie. Hell, when he was in the game he played the 2 am i correct therefore he wasnt force to play the point. hell, if you want you can put acie at the point for bibby and salim at the 2 for JJ or vice versa. anyway salims needs more playing time.

if you disagree then bring the meat, i will be ready.