• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

please play Solomon!

TruJerz

why doesnt he play more?? When he does play, he does a decent job out there with the starters on the floor. I said it beofre and I will say it again...he has potential to be a solid big man but he isnt getting any PT on a team that can use him most witha pretty week front court. I dont get it! I like Zaza but i think he could be better for the Hawks style of play

how do you know if he never plays? you see what Mikki Moore did for the Nets last year? thats because they were the first team to actually give him quality PT and look what he turned into..an NBA starter..no one knew he had that in him and I think Solomon can do that for this team..he is athletic and can hit the 10-15 footer like Mikki could. play him..it wont hurt!

Quote:

how do you know if he never plays? you see what Mikki Moore did for the Nets last year? thats because they were the first team to actually give him quality PT and look what he turned into..an NBA starter..no one knew he had that in him and I think Solomon can do that for this team..he is athletic and can hit the 10-15 footer like Mikki could. play him..it wont hurt!

Good call. He does remain me of Mikki's playing skills

I really don't see a big drop off, if any, from Zaza to Solomon. Zaza is horrible. I can't believe how much he's declined in the last 2 years.

Quote:

Zaza once avg 11/6. I don't think that Solo has scored 11 and pulled 6 rebounds in 2 years.

Um, you do know Solo doesnt get a fraction of the minutes Zaza does right? Oh wait, that would be common sense. Judging from some of these posts, common sense need not apply...

Quote:

why doesnt he play more?? When he does play, he does a decent job out there with the starters on the floor. I said it beofre and I will say it again...he has potential to be a solid big man but he isnt getting any PT on a team that can use him most witha pretty week front court. I dont get it! I like Zaza but i think he could be better for the Hawks style of play

Solomon is still a project unfortunately. He also has hands of stone which limit what he can do, particularly on the offensive end.

to apply your same "watch players not stats" arguments that you use in favor of Salim, and then conveniently forget and argue stats against Solomon, I can see Solo positively affecting a game a lot more easily than I can Zaza.

I have seen Z play quite enough over the past years, although it took me about 5 minutes to figure out what he can do, which is not much. Solo should have been given an opportunity at some point during this year. Perhaps not now, as every possession of every game is significant, but definitely in the middle of the year when Zaza was consistently horrible.

Although Solo doesn't have great hands and is kind of light, he can influence shots with his length and athleticism. He also plays above the rim, which is nice for a big man.

To answer your question, I dont think we need 11 and 6 from him. I think he could give us a few garbage buckets and defend the rim from penetrating guards. Z has always been an effective offensive rebounder, but defensively he gets his ass kicked alot so I don't see much dropoff there.

Offensively, Z moves with the grace and dexterity of a stump. It's not like he posts people up and gets you offense that way, he just hangs around the rim like a scourge and tries to clean up whatever falls his way. Are you telling me Solo couldn't do that? Whenever Zaza gets the ball in the post in a 1-on-1 situation I just start laughing in anticipation. Hilarity ensues.

BTW, do you think Zaza could get you 11 and 6 now? At any rate, that is pretty shoddy production for starter's minutes. I never cared for him, even when he was playing reasonably well on our horrible teams of yesteryear. Now, he is a shadow of what he once was, basically just a bumbling, stumbling hunk of meat. He is absolutely horrible, and you can't convince me that Solo could do worse.